Security Installer Community

Unique Cctv Camera Issue Help Please

reeves2k2

I'm unsure at the moment until I can get up and access it but I don't think it has unless it is inside the housing

You mentioned about adjusting the gain from looking at the papers I should be able to adjust it

What would you recommend it goes from 1-255

Thanks James I assume 1 and work upwards?

Im assuming that will pretty much turn off the gain and make the camera switch earlier. 

Also a lot of these things have a telemetry input data pair allowing you to adjust from the dvr. Usually they use pelco protocol and you can edit the menu from the dvr

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Im assuming that will pretty much turn off the gain and make the camera switch earlier.

Also a lot of these things have a telemetry input data pair allowing you to adjust from the dvr. Usually they use pelco protocol and you can edit the menu from the dvr

Yes I think it uses pelco but its not set up as I was unsure as I am in no way a pro at this just an enthusiastic diyer

Also forgot to mention the shutter speed is set to 4x I think does that help or hinder?

shutter speed is in fractions of a second. I cant see how or what 4x means in shutter speed terms. 

the lowest of the low you should ever set shutter speed to i 1/25 or 1/30 I tend to use 1/50 as a minimum to minimise motion blur

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Yes I think it uses pelco but its not set up as I was unsure as I am in no way a pro at this just an enthusiastic diyer

Also forgot to mention the shutter speed is set to 4x I think does that help or hinder?

After looking further about control from dvr it looks like the camera just has the inline joystick up near the camera and no Rs485 throughput just vides and power

Archived