Security Installer Community

Help With Installing An Eco 1000 Brel 12L Relay Base

jerry3

Hello all

I need help in wiring an ECO 1000 BREL 12l base ( to which I will attach a combination optical/thermal smoke detector (ECO1002))

to a honeywell accenta mini gen4 

other attached controls are 

an LCD panel

a Simple Set Reader

security zone no. 8 is free and I understand this is to be set as a fire zone --how is done?

Thanks in anticipation

Thanks again

everything wired up and working

after test LCD indicates -fire lockout and LED on base is red 

this does not reset when using either user code or engineers code (flags are set to allow this -tried both)

on reading instructions for fire alarm I noted that  it requires an interruption of the supply to the base to reset.

So I disconnected supply and battery reconnected and now RESET.

BUT this seems to me to be not the corrrect approach - is there an easier and more professional way?

I could always install an inline switch on the cabling to the base but again????!!!

THANKS IN ANTICIPATION 

Does the detector base not have a "reset" input or similar? If it doesn't, you have two options. One is to change it for a non-latching detector/base, or fit a small "push-to-break" switch on the side of the main control panel inline with the positive supply to the smoke detector, which when pressed will cut the power to it and reset the base. Some of the more advanced control panels have programmable outputs that can be set up to do that automatically but I doubt your Accenta is capable of this (we don't install them)

Trade Member

hi

thanks for you prompt reply

I am reading up the engineers manual for accenta mini

and note just below the item on 13v supply output

the following"""SET-- the output marked SET is used with latching detectors. The output becomes positive on correct Set of the system and is removed by entry of a valid user code"""

If my interpretation of this is correct then maybe I should connect  the +ve to this  and this will interrupt the supply to the base on entering user code and then enter user code again- to resupply the base?!---any comments gratefully received 

ps-- I do see a non latching base in the catalogue for this detector but would like to save the expense

thanks again

The set output on the Accenta/Optima is designed for detectors with a latching indicator (ie a PIR or vibration detector) to give indication of a detector that caused the alarm to activate when you have more than one detector on the same zone. Because your smoke detector latches into alarm until powered down, you won't be able to actually set the alarm system to get the set output to activate (hence the "correct set" part of the blurb)

Trade Member

Archived