Security Installer Community

Cctv Install With Redwalls

timmo66

Hi guys,

I am nearing the final stages of a relatively big monitored CCTV install, and for the first time in a long time we have used Redwalls.

These are the new style (I say new - I dont actually know how new they are). We used to have a redwall tester to set the old version up, when that went missing I would wire up a buzzer. My question is to those of you who fit the redwalls on a regular basis - is the tester the only real way of setting up the new version's coverage? Due to the fact that you need the detector plugged onto the back plate, using a buzzer I think would be out of question.

Thanks.

never used a v mate. stopped using them after the old one was killed off

Same here. The new ones look a little hideous and the Aritech external DT's are 1/2 the price of a Redwall so we started using them.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

These are exactly my thoughts, unfortunately I have to fit what I am given. Looks like a step backwards in terms of design, but possibly not technology.

We use a monitoring company owned by Optex, I'm sure this is one of the reasons we have gone back to Redwalls.

Yes they are giving them away, which is a huge saving on install.

What is everyone using then? We have been using GJD D-tects for a little while now. Tried Riscos watchouts but they were not much cop.

The Aritech ones are the D-TECs rebadged or with a Aritech wireless module if you use them with an ATS.

Really like them which suprised me as I was never a GJD fan prior to them.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived