Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 Query

zippy83

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can offer any help on this forum. I recently had the Scantronic 9651 alarm system installed in my property. Last month I had some work done on the house which involved the removal of glass above the doors. My newly installed alarm system had the PIR attached to the framework, As this has now been removed I am left with a dangling PIR and would like this fixed back up to the wall. I don't want to go touching anything if it could trigger the alarm, is there a way I can disable the alarm to re-attach it back to the wall?

Many thanks in advance.

If it is recently installed there is also the issue of effecting your warranty if you play with it. Any reason you couldn't get the installer to pop back and re-fit it for you to avoid any hiccups?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Pay the callout and have peace on mind that...

a, it's been done right,

b, it will work when required and

c, you still have a warranty.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Just giving all options.

Said it is not ideal, not in any way,

But how many times are we getting , "we want the cheapest option"?

But thanks for pointing out what I had not in regard to the warranty.

Thanks, hoping it wouldn't come to that. They are not a local company and it would cost me an additional £70 call out charge.

In fairness to the company that's quite reasonable if not cheap. We'd want another £100 on top of that and you'd need to be a maintained customer too.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

In fairness to the company that's quite reasonable if not cheap. We'd want another £100 on top of that and you'd need to be a maintained customer too.

you say that as if your price is the correct one and what people should expect to pay.

Archived