Security Installer Community

VERITAS R8 PLUS

Guest park.avenue

Guest park.avenue

Could someone please tell me the KEY PAD CODE for Panic/Personal Attack TEST ?

I have looked into UG & IM but nothing in it apart from MUST programme it in Part set.

WHERE is the backup battery (12V Sealed lead acid gel type) located & HOW can I test it FROM KEY PAD ?

AM I right to assume the walk test ( 0 0 ) IS FROM KEY PAD NOT FROM CONTROL PANEL & only applies to test detector devices ?

Thanks.

I

Page 7 of the user guide ...press 3 & 9 together for P.A.

The backup battery is in the main control box , probably under the stairs , in a cupboard etc .It cannot be tested from the RKP (see the servicing guide on this site)

Walk test is 06 on post 1999 panels, and tests circuit devices on each zone , use 05 to test sounders etc.

:)

Guest park.avenue

3 & 9 Together on the key pad gives no result.

I also tried user code then 3 & 9 Together on the key pad also gives no result.

Sorry BUT I don't see the servicing guide on this site !!

Have you got URL name please.

Can the Walk test be performed by end user withi user code on the key pad ?

Thanks.

RKP P.A. can be de-selected by the engineer (unless its a pre1999 system , where it is not available) .

Go to the home page , and the left hand panel has lots of useful and relevant info.The D-I-Y servicing guide tells how to test your battery.

Walk test is a user function.

B)

Guest park.avenue

The Veritas R8 was installed on 20FEB2000 and I just found installation Report left by the installer :

PA = AUDIBLE, REMOTE SIGNAL TRANSMIT = BLANK, CHIP NO = N/A

(this means its not R8 PLUS model ? NO REMOTE KP WAS SUPPLIED means it is not even R8 (UK) model ? or Installer pocketed it !

According to this PA above was tested, but has never been used by end user. It doesn't work now KP 3 & 9 pressed together.

I have surfaced on the home page left but they are general guidance rather than specific to VERITAS R8 I AM LOOKING FOR.

Walk test function KP 0 6 also doesn't work and alarm is unable to SET for tamper light in ON. When trying to set bleeps 9 times.

Sorry BUT I don't see the servicing guide on this site !!

Have you got URL name please.

22159[/snapback]

Thats becuase TEXECOM also believe that engineer manuals should be for engineers, they are in a passworded section of their website.

Please do not ask for the manual again on here whilst you are not a trade member. Further requests and I wont be happy.

Red Fox | Hosting

Affordable and Reliable UK Based Web Hosting

So , you have no RKP , no PA , you cannot find the battery , the walk test doesnt work, you cannot find the servive guide, and the flashing tamper wont let you set the system......I think you know whats coming .....please phone a local installer who should be able to sort out all your problems very quickly. :)

You need to know what panel you have first, from your discription , I can't tell.It is probably a pre1999 Veritas R8.

Guest park.avenue

I have already booked a cal for the installer but they are busy and going to phone me on friday as to when they can come out.

Meanwhile trying to see what is there as I have been charged £700. Also have some electronic knowledge and may be with your help I will be an installer soon !

Thanks once again to all who replied.

) if you want to save money do your own decorating (your wallpaper wont wake you and your neighboors up at 3am if you do it wrong)

Pete

22186[/snapback]

if it does.call a priest quick.. :ph34r:

Guest park.avenue

With all your help info I managed to establish CP is R8 Plus.

Opened the CP & managed to solve my tamper problem, the lid screw was not fully in. Battery measured 13.07v on board 13.58v offload.

The label was not quite readable. PA still doesn't work but atleast the alarm walktested ok.

Next I will get comms module and play with it. I will also buy pc-com lead and connect my laptop to it as I am a comms & computer man.

I am still not sure if my CP is old version or new.

Thanks once again.

Archived