Security Installer Community

New Cctv System - Unhappy With Night Quality

garmcqui

i think this op needs mt salad bowls ;).

top picture has a light source closing the iris, on top of snudged lens/cover housings, all images seem to have lens/cover smudging.

you really need to clean the lens and housing properly. insude and out (assuming you can get inside),

if these cameras have it, enable sense up and WDR, if you want faces up thr frame ate in the camera to reduce smearing of moving objects.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed this is pretty poor for Honeywell..........We have fitted the samsung SCV-2081RP dome / SCO-2080RP bullets on our new unit and these really are impressive!

We've used our system as a demo and its worked countless times...Just got a big job to supply Shepton Mallet show ground as a result.......

The only downside is that Samsung have hiked their prices by about 12% in last weeks so the days of deals are gone...and leadtimes on supply are pushing out!

Rgds

Max

HI all and thank you for your replies.

@jameswilson - nope, the cameras are in their original domes, no additional enclosure. 

I've been pretty busy at work and haven't had much time to get the CCTV sorted to my satisfaction. I did, however, seek some advice from Honeywell themselves.  This was their reply on seeing some of the day/night images:

Hi Gareth,

This looks like a mixture of badly focused, positioned and mounted cameras.

Camera 1 – I would lower this slightly so the flood light is not getting into the lens

Camera 3 – This looks like it could be getting refraction from the white wall, try adjusting the IRLED in the menu to SMART

Camera 5 – Above, possible refraction from the white wall, try adjusting the IRLED in the menu to SMART

Camera 6 – This looks out of focus, also I would pan the camera slightly round to the right

Camera 7 – Again, this also looks out of focus

Camera 8 – As per camera 3, the IRLED maybe incorrect, try this on SMART

Camera 9 – Again, possible refraction from the white wall, try adjusting the IRLED in the menu to SMART and pan the camera to the left slightly so it is not on the wall as much

These camera’s should always be set up either at night or with ND filters, they can look perfect during the day, but poor at night

So on their advice, I did go there at night and re-focus some of them, it did help but this was very hard in almost complete darkness, I would rather be able to set them up in daylight. Honeywell mentioned I should use an ND filter, presumably to "trick" the camera into thinking it's dark, but then a camera installer I spoke to said to use an "IR pass" filter", not an ND one.

I will post some updated photos...

Archived