Security Installer Community

Scantronic I-On 16, Beta Software

geov

Hi guys, returning to the site after a prolonged absence.

I fitted an I-on 16 with two wired rkps and within a few weeks the customer advised that they had returned home, unset the system, but the rkps were sounding every second and an unusual message was appearing on the keypad. Long story short, the panel could only be reset after powering down and up again. Scantronic say the keypads are using beta software and they have agreed to replace them. Was anyone else aware that Scantronic had panels on general release using beta software, and with no warning????

Regards.

Unfortunately, your problem is that you have installed an I-on panel, They are Shoit

The software is buggy as hell, and my shoe laces are longer than its wireless range

It comes from experience with the unit.  Danny from Coopers did a demo of the unit on a site where doing a Premier install,

I kid you not, the radio reception went from 10 down to 2 for a detector that was no more than 15 metres away in the next room.

Told him straight, Wont be installing that crap for any of my customers. Then he showcased the 9651 EN43,

Its not a bad panel for what it is, I do use them on small low scale shops. for the price its more than acceptable.

Thanks for the responses guys. Typically I avoid wireless wherever possible, but it was the appropriate solution on this job. I've used i-on on several jobs and they have been just fine.

So what's your wireless recommendation for medium-large domestic installs?

Regards.

Archived