Security Installer Community

Just When I Thought I've Seen It All ;)

arfur mo

Went out to a local call Friday, do fix a couple of easy faults for a new management client.

Gated development, in a mews. So you have a front panel at the gate, then another panel at the common door of each cluster of flats.

After original build, 4 more flats were added alongside, but developer did not fit any door entry, made it a tad awkward for visitors. Legal threats the usual hub bub and residents win.

Result? Incredibly 2 identical VR. 10 button Front panels one above each other, both with the exact same legend, press upper flat 1 button get speech from upper panel, ditto for lower so ok individual speech modules.

Original kit is Entryphone, newer kit is Bell, i just can't fathom why not just have a single bigger box, use same make for making e erything compatible, and not 2 boxes? If the engineer needed separate amps have the plate and box made to accept both

The mind just boggles, final touch was an A4 metal post box, mounted under the lower panel do lid is obstructed - for 10 flats lol!

Still, pondering it, took my mind off having 3 compounded back teeth out in the afternoon.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Would have been easier and better looking to have Entryphone build a combined panel. Custom engraved.

Not long turn around either.

Saying that, they probably have one off the shelf to suit.

Probably fit into the existing mounting too.

Would have been easier and better looking to have Entryphone build a combined panel. Custom engraved.

Not long turn around either.

Saying that, they probably have one off the shelf to suit.

Probably fit into the existing mounting too.

sgreed, and why i could made no sense of it, the job is neat enough so i assume some installation experience but what a dogs dinner lol!

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived