Security Installer Community

Cctv System Advice

andyhodson

Hi

We've been asked to quote for a number of systems using a technique that I don't think actually exists and I wondered if some CCTV experts could advise.

It's for a number of CCTV systems to protect empty properties, comprising of an outside camera, two inside cameras, to be activated by doors contacts/PIRs. Upon activation, the system is to send video to the landlords mobile phone.

The first problem, I've thought of is that being empty homes, they are unlikely to have a broadband connection and so some sort of 3G or GPRS connection would be needed. That being the case, I can't see streaming video being an option, so it would likely be just a static image being generated and presumably emailed to the landlord.

Personally, I don't think its particularly feasible, certainly within an acceptable cost bracket, but would welcome suggestions as to how it might be achieved.

Thanks

Andy.

Manufacturer

I could achieve this setup for very reasonable money using webways imagining product. You would need an arc that receives it (like us) to get the video delivery and a small fee would be charged per month for it but I could buy the bits to do what you want for very sensible money.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Psu to feed it and 3 IP cams for your video. Detection devices to trigger your alarm and that's pretty much it. Also can be monitored via the arc to stop mr keyholder being disturbed by false activations. Especially useful if you have outdoor detection.

Video feed can do the same, just not sure about its cost

Webway cost with detectors should be £5/600 mark all in.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Psu to feed it and 3 IP cams for your video. Detection devices to trigger your alarm and that's pretty much it. Also can be monitored via the arc to stop mr keyholder being disturbed by false activations. Especially useful if you have outdoor detection.

Video feed can do the same, just not sure about its cost

Webway cost with detectors should be £5/600 mark all in.

What about lighting as the warehouse is empty and will pitch dark at night. Cameras likely to see jack ****.

Might aswell just fit a confirmed intruder system with a GSM dialler. You could even split the ccts into area/groups so a confirmed alarm would only ever be generated from a specific area. 

Great thanks Matthew for your help, I'll check it all out tomorrow. We're predominantly intruder on a fairly small scale so this stuff is to one side of our expertise.

What about lighting as the warehouse is empty and will pitch dark at night. Cameras likely to see jack ****.

Might aswell just fit a confirmed intruder system with a GSM dialler. You could even split the ccts into area/groups so a confirmed alarm would only ever be generated from a specific area.

The idea is to protect empty houses, usually small terraced, 2 up 2 down on behalf of landlords. Personally I don't think the guy asking has properly thought it through and ultimately none of it will happen, but it's worth spending a bit of time looking into the possibilities.

Manufacturer

WW kit a bargain compared to what Secom want for void protection, £1200 a month I think according to website!

Hope landlord doesn't think it will be £99.99 with no ongoing though, like the last one that phoned me up!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Great thanks Matthew for your help, I'll check it all out tomorrow. We're predominantly intruder on a fairly small scale so this stuff is to one side of our expertise.

The idea is to protect empty houses, usually small terraced, 2 up 2 down on behalf of landlords. Personally I don't think the guy asking has properly thought it through and ultimately none of it will happen, but it's worth spending a bit of time looking into the possibilities.

No idea where a got the warehouse bit from. lol

There is another technology may be considered. It is PIR with built in cctv cam and GSM module. Only you need extra is PSU and of course Sim card, when you can program PIR remotely from iphone and set it to send pictures on selected mobile or email in alarm.

Archived