Security Installer Community

Gent Bug?

Chopper81

Hi,

Engineer from the NW here. 7 years experience with all kinds of Fire and Security systems. Ive held roles in both install, commision, service and maintenance and planning.

Im quite a capable engineer and usually the guy the other engineers end up calling but I just cant get my head round this problem im having with the Gent Vigilon. Dont get me wrong I love Gent systems I find them very Engineer friendly and I can get a lot of info from the panel for over the phone diagnoses, its by far my favourite choice of panel. Just recently though this has happened to me twice. I take a download and one of the loops Sector selection area under device config will be all red X'd out. I called tech support and they talked me through resetting it. Its happened to me again and guess what I didnt write down what to do. Does anyone know the cause of the fault as I dont think im doing a lot wrong im not disabling sectors and backing up or anything like that.

I think the fix last time was MENU-CONTROL-ENABLE-SOUNDER-LOOP (1-6)Snd Grp 2-ENTER. Can anyone clarify this?

cheers in advance.

Hi guys,

Had a problem with a Gent vigilon 6 loop panel. Ive worked with Gent for a while now and never come across this before. I retrieve config and any loop can have the Sector selection part instead of green boxes tey will be red boxes with black ticks. 

This first happened the other night and gent told me how to fix it I think they said MENU - CONTROL - SOUNDER - LOOP (1-4) - Snd Grp 2 - ENTER.

Has anyone else happened to come across this fault? If so what is causing it? and whats the fix??

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Apologies Peter I wasnt getting much help here so thought Id try in the fire forum.

Yeah I have access to Tech support but I have a meeting with the client in the morning (7am) so Tech wont be open. Im sure I could remember the fix with a bit of tinkering through the menus but would be happier marching there knowing the fix.

Seems a lot of engineers aren't overly happily with Gent, I personally like the panels but each to there own I guess. 

Yeah Goncall its definately handy to have. 

Even if you get your hands on a copy you have to renew the licence every ninety days!! So it wouldnt be good for long.

Apologies Peter I wasnt getting much help here so thought Id try in the fire forum.

Yeah I have access to Tech support but I have a meeting with the client in the morning (7am) so Tech wont be open. Im sure I could remember the fix with a bit of tinkering through the menus but would be happier marching there knowing the fix.

Seems a lot of engineers aren't overly happily with Gent, I personally like the panels but each to there own I guess. 

Yeah Goncall its definately handy to have. 

Even if you get your hands on a copy you have to renew the licence every ninety days!! So it wouldnt be good for long.

I like gent stuff too,

Archived