Security Installer Community

Intellex 16Ch Dvms Bnc Input Problem

cjdavi34

Hi, I've got an intellex 16 channel DVMS. Channels 1 - 8 are working fine and show pictures on the main screen but for some reason channels 9-16 don't. I've checked the loop through on all of them and they work. When you connect a camera to any channel from 9-16 there is no picture, yet when you then remove the camera from the BNC input the display shows coloured bars and 'video loss' is displayed. I've checked all the connections but I can't get these channels to work. Does anyone know what's wrong with them? Any help would be good. Thanks.

should add, many DVRs need a signal on input one on boot up, or they get all sorts of flakey ussues,

These don't.

They are generally very reliable but being a windows machine, when they fail it can be one of many causes and not always obvious.

thanks Cbit for the advice,

i was offering some generic shots in the dark which i have found useful when presented with unknown DVRs, until better informed advice is available.

Being Windows based, i'd guess using pci cards, i wonder if the higher card is fully pushed home in the main PCB socket, as this was a common fault issue with the otherwise brilliant LJD Leviathans.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

thanks Cbit for the advice,

i was offering some generic shots in the dark whicj i have found useful when presented with unknown DVRs until better informed advice is available.

Being Windows based, i'd guess using pc on cards, i wonder if the higher card is fully home in the main OCB, as this was a common fault issue with the otherwise brilliant LJD Leviathans.

Always the risk but the ribbon cable is on the outside on these units hence if is more susceptible to'issues'.

I'd still be looking at the settings before I took the lid off.

I keep a ps2 keyboard in the van specifically for these bad boys.

Hi, thanks for all the suggestions so far. I've have just reseated the larger pcb int he PCI slot, unplugged and plugged back in the ribbon cables and still no joy.  I then unplugged the small ribbon cable on the end of the large pcb and swapped it with the cable that was on the end of the small pcb that directly attached to the larger one and hey prestow I get picture, so I'm guessing hte problem is witht he small pcb that's attached directly to the larger one. I hope you can follow this, I took a pic, but I can upload it sorry. Any ideas where I can get one of these smaller pcbs?

Hi, thanks for all the suggestions so far. I've have just reseated the larger pcb int he PCI slot, unplugged and plugged back in the ribbon cables and still no joy.  I then unplugged the small ribbon cable on the end of the large pcb and swapped it with the cable that was on the end of the small pcb that directly attached to the larger one and hey prestow I get picture, so I'm guessing hte problem is witht he small pcb that's attached directly to the larger one. I hope you can follow this, I took a pic, but I can upload it sorry. Any ideas where I can get one of these smaller pcbs?

i'd contact the maker, they might send a replacement, is it possible to solder the lead?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived