Security Installer Community

Gardtec Gt 490X Alarm Will Not Set "lounge. ! Check ! Error Message

Johnhaw01

Would our replies be this 'curt' if it were a prospective take over and/or remedial work as opposed to a forum question?.

It depends doesn't it.

If someone rang up and said, 'I have no intention of using your services, but can you just help me with...' then yes.

Now, I know that doesn't apply here because as a forum we invite DIY to ask us their questions on a free and

open basis, the (presumably) few times this translates into paid work for us or companies local to the OP that's a bonus.

I think it can be hard for many, me included, to forget that's the difference here.

I also think we should 'recommend' in the loosest sense of the word, realistic DIY kit for DIY needs. So, whilst we all maybe

love, for example, Galaxy and Axis cameras, DIY is unlikely to be able to 'afford' or fir these. I think we should taylor

our responses more appropriately sometimes, with the caveat that we are not straight recommending these items as totally pro

gear, just saying they are DIY suitable, i.e. 9651s and Alien DVRs. Every person we can avoid going down the Yale / chinglish no-name

camera route can't be worse than that.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Thinking of those already constrained to the back office I see your point.

I've seen this is many organisations though. The frontline support guys can be great with customers but know very little but the real boffins are locked away and can often be obnoxious but incredibly knowledgeable. Rarely have I seen someone very knowledgable who is brilliant at the customer interaction bit.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

We get Joe public on here all the time, asking questions, as they do, usually about the same old things- battery fault, it ain't been serviced in 10 years and now it's squawking at me etc etc.

But we still give free advice.

No issue with this but I get questions from engineers and my default is just to respond with the answer. The bit I think you have to add to an end user is it simplified or an explanation. That's the bit I forget.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Put me in trade only then please James.

The guy with the Chubb bell did my nut in tbh.

He wanted to test a bell that was working when he took it down..... A waste of time imo.

Trade only for me as i believe in giving advice to a level of DIY but after that they should call a company out.

!

Thinking of those already constrained to the back office I see your point.

I've seen this is many organisations though. The frontline support guys can be great with customers but know very little but the real boffins are locked away and can often be obnoxious but incredibly knowledgeable. Rarely have I seen someone very knowledgable who is brilliant at the customer interaction bit.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

No issue with this but I get questions from engineers and my default is just to respond with the answer. The bit I think you have to add to an end user is it simplified or an explanation. That's the bit I forget.

only you could say that and mean it tubbs ..lol

Put me in trade only then please James.

The guy with the Chubb bell did my nut in tbh.

He wanted to test a bell that was working when he took it down..... A waste of time imo.

Trade only for me as i believe in giving advice to a level of DIY but after that they should call a company out.

Don't disagree with you. Similar to mr texecom I want to setup my com IP, dialler, active directory integration and full replication but it doesn't seem as easy as it looked on fleabay.

only you could say that and mean it tubbs ..lol

If I think of all the really clever people I know who are techies / developers I can think of only 2 that don't detest end users with a passion.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Don't disagree with you. Similar to mr texecom I want to setup my com IP, dialler, active directory integration and full replication but it doesn't seem as easy as it looked on fleabay.

If I think of all the really clever people I know who are techies / developers I can think of only 2 that don't detest end users with a passion.

lol

Archived