Security Installer Community

Gardtec Gt 490X Alarm Will Not Set "lounge. ! Check ! Error Message

Johnhaw01

Can we all not see where this is going?

ap you have a product i believe? Do you have rules on who will be allowed to buy it, or do you want to sell as many as you can?

ill happily make you trade only but as texecom has proved the non trade sales are bigger than trade.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Don't laugh but I designed a tool for the alarm industry at Uni for final year (my only year and direct entry from HND) project.

A wire tracer, you plugged a unit onto the wires at one end with numbers 1-8 on croc clips.

Other end you read off the numbers on an LCD. Instantly showed up hidden Jb's, shorts and opens.

Not exactly new or novel but would cost about £20 to make.

Never did. Maybe I should? Or prob a big waste of time, money and effort!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Can we all not see where this is going?

ap you have a product i believe? Do you have rules on who will be allowed to buy it, or do you want to sell as many as you can?

ill happily make you trade only but as texecom has proved the non trade sales are bigger than trade.

James you are right I have a DIY product that has been worked on over the past 10 years.

The customers will phone direct as we can only help them tbh as we have developed this product.

!

Don't laugh but I designed a tool for the alarm industry at Uni for final year (my only year and direct entry from HND) project.

A wire tracer, you plugged a unit onto the wires at one end with numbers 1-8 on croc clips.

Other end you read off the numbers on an LCD. Instantly showed up hidden Jb's, shorts and opens.

Not exactly new or novel but would cost about £20 to make.

Never did. Maybe I should? Or prob a big waste of time, money and effort!

i too designed a cable tester (crasher) for one man fault tracing, when i worked for my last company.

standard way was to your meter to the wiring and have a key-holder watch it, you went off tack hammer in hand tapping t&b frames and j/bs etc. if the meter moved they had to shout to you. Trouble was you get back to find them reading a paper or fast asleep.

most wiring back then was double pole, max resistance allowed per leg was 23 ohms, making 46 ohms zone total.

some guys were using fast inertia analysers which was fine but once tripped had to be reset, you did not know if the circuit had re-closed as in a door had been walked through and closed, or an intermittent had occurred.

Starting with a basic monostable in itself was fairly good, but you did not know if it was an intermittent broken by your activity, or a door opened, if not re-closed the bleep just carried on. added a timer which stopped the irritating bleep, but you had no idea if the zone had re-closed or was still open, trying to see fairly dull LEDs at distance in bright sunlight was just not an option.

it just grew from their, eventually adding 4 timers, two astable's and a powerful bleeper over came this, sounds became -:

No sound = circuit healthy

fast pulse (trill) intermittent

short single bleep = door opened

long single bleep followed by pings = Open Circuit remaining open (indicated by pings).

then it got improved using a 741 comparator front end for very high speed spike triggering, when connected to a zone it could even pick up the spike from a kettle being switched on, or a noisy fridge. due to the 741 operating as a comparator it auto adjusted to what ever low voltage or resistance was presented, taking out the human error factor in calibrating it.

It even got used on tracing pressure matts where furniture had been placed on them could be found without lifting carpets, it would ping then bleep if the fault cleared or fast bleep if the fault returned, stopping arguments dead with clients because that chair had not moved for the last 29 years lol!

fas

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i too designed a cable tester (crasher) for one man fault tracing, when i worked for my last company.

standard way was to your meter to the wiring and have a key-holder watch it, you went off tack hammer in hand tapping t&b frames and j/bs etc. if the meter moved they had to shout to you. Trouble was you get back to find them reading a paper or fast asleep.

most wiring back then was double pole, max resistance allowed per leg was 23 ohms, making 46 ohms zone total.

some guys were using fast inertia analysers which was fine but once tripped had to be reset, you did not know if the circuit had re-closed as in a door had been walked through and closed, or an intermittent had occurred.

Starting with a basic monostable in itself was fairly good, but you did not know if it was an intermittent broken by your activity, or a door opened, if not re-closed the bleep just carried on. added a timer which stopped the irritating bleep, but you had no idea if the zone had re-closed or was still open, trying to see fairly dull LEDs at distance in bright sunlight was just not an option.

it just grew from their, eventually adding 4 timers, two astable's and a powerful bleeper over came this, sounds became -:

No sound = circuit healthy

fast pulse (trill) intermittent

short single bleep = door opened

long single bleep followed by pings = Open Circuit remaining open (indicated by pings).

then it got improved using a 741 comparator front end for very high speed spike triggering, when connected to a zone it could even pick up the spike from a kettle being switched on, or a noisy fridge. due to the 741 operating as a comparator it auto adjusted to what ever low voltage or resistance was presented, taking out the human error factor in calibrating it.

It even got used on tracing pressure matts where furniture had been placed on them could be found without lifting carpets, it would ping then bleep if the fault cleared or fast bleep if the fault returned, stopping arguments dead with clients because that chair had not moved for the last 29 years lol!

fas

mans been to the moon since then arf..oh and JFK is dead....

Archived