Security Installer Community

Recommend Installer In Lancashire

djsmith74

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a burglar alarm installer in the Lancashire area (I live in Preston)?. I am aware there are a number of local companies advertised but would prefer a recommendation.

As I am profoundly deaf, I would need some form of visual indication that the alarm has gone off, certainly in my bedroom so this is not a conventional installation. I would also require notifications sent to my mobile when the alarm is triggered.

Many thanks,

Darren

Not in the area but you could have a sarabec vibrating pager system added on, which you can add a vibrating pillow, smoke alarm, doorbell, strobe light, phone ring detect alarm clock, loads of stuff

good advice.also use a company that is registered and good with the likes of typetalk

good advice.also use a company that is registered and good with the likes of typetalk

Thanks for the advice / suggestions. I am aware of the Sarabec system but as I am a pretty heavy sleeper I think a visual indication would be better! But I am open to suggestions. Just need a recommended installer - i have heard horror stories about ADT (I could be misguided) but will look at those other companies you have mentioned.

Thanks

ADT aren't as bad as you hear. Yes they have a lot of customers with gripes but they also have a lot of customers so pro rata will have a fair few of unhappy ones. As a % of their subscriber base I'm sure it is quite small.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

But I am open to suggestions. Just need a recommended installer - i have heard horror stories about ADT (I could be misguided)

Thanks

you are.we have quite a few deaf customers/organisations,I used to look after a deaf centre and was signed up to typetalk as a result,great service tho took a few calls to get used to not speaking to the operator as if they were the customer..

you are.we have quite a few deaf customers/organisations,I used to look after a deaf centre and was signed up to typetalk as a result,great service tho took a few calls to get used to not speaking to the operator as if they were the customer..

I am aware of TypeTalk and use it as and when needed and, yes, it is a very useful service. Can anyone recommend a non-monitored installer? Does anyone have any views on the Yale Smarthome Alarm system, as it can be hooked up an "Appliance Control" which I guess I can connect a bedside lamp to and have it turned on when the alarm is activated?

Thanks

Archived