Security Installer Community

Recommend Installer In Lancashire

djsmith74

But Matt, looks like it's its White, maybe they agree with you!!

My same drive-by opinion? Looks as rubbish as the rest of their kit.

http://digital.yale.co.uk/alarms/smarthome-alarm-system

If that kind of basic functionality would be enough (i.e. bedside light) most systems

could achieve this via wireless output cards etc... (I hear one is coming soon for

the Texecom Ricochet stystem) or even wired to the alarm panel if you can?

You'll get a much better system for possibly similar money, depending on your property and needs.

See also - http://digital.yale.co.uk/checks-surveys - for something worth avoiding!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I am aware of TypeTalk and use it as and when needed and, yes, it is a very useful service. Can anyone recommend a non-monitored installer? Does anyone have any views on the Yale Smarthome Alarm system, as it can be hooked up an "Appliance Control" which I guess I can connect a bedside lamp to and have it turned on when the alarm is activated?

Thanks

Just when things wwere going so well too.

There is a standard in the fire alarm world for Visual Alarm Devices, EN54:23, we and others manufacture devices to meet this standard, the devices have to be capable of waking a sleeping person, i have been involved in the testing, and i have to say the brightness of the light is quite incredible. Much better than the bedside lamp idea, which if you are a heavy sleeper may not wake you up.

The devices can be connected to any intruder alarm system.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Much better than the bedside lamp idea, which if you are a heavy sleeper may not wake you up.

The devices can be connected to any intruder alarm system.

Was going to say that would never have woken me up in a million years!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Sarabec do a plug in xenon bedside strobe, mains with battery backup and a socket for the vibrating pillow. Chubb community care have dove a few linked in to veritas panels, the head office is in blackburn. Speak to an occupational therapist, you might be able to get some subsidy or the smoke side paid for you then you only need to pay for the security

someone who doesn't want recommendation when offered then..

Thanks for all the responses. I certainly haven't disregarded any of your recommendations and am happy to keep all my options open. I wasn't aware that Yale aren't that well received on here, and will avoid them now. I am in two minds about a monitored option, as I suspect it can be difficult for such a service to contact me without TypeTalk. I do not have a textphone, as I use an app on my mobile for Typetalk, which is turned off when I go to bed. Do any of the monitored services have a text messaging communication option, as I already have a text message service with the emergency services?

Initially, I thought a fairly simple wireless installation (using a good quality system), with a visual alarm trigger indicator would be a good starting point, and it would then be up to me to act accordingly.

As I say, I am keeping an open mind and I am considering all recommendations, and I apologise if I have given an otherwise impression.

Thanks

Darren

Archived