Security Installer Community

Wireless System

Guest ian boldon

Oh dear me, £200-£300 to protect all your worldly goods that thats cost most of your families income up to now, and a house your going to be paying for to the end of your days, you cheap **** it costs more for a meal for two in a decent restaurant or does the poor girl have to make do with a bag of chips, shame on you.

Fell off my chair laughing!! who is "the cabbage" anyway, come on own up it must be a troll!

Guest ian boldon
Anybody provide any decent firms in the north East area?

Where abouts in NE are you? we cover Cleveland, south county Durham and north North Yorks.

23310[/snapback]

I'm in the Sunderland Area.

Ten pence short!

have a look on yell for alarm installers in Sunderland, ideally go for one who is SSAIB or NSI approved.

There are loads of decent firms about and its not a tricky job at all.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I have both a hardwired system and wirefree solar system. The hardwire system is great and so is the solar wirefree system.

The wireless system has been up and running for 4 years without fault, my only concern would be how easily a pro burglar could hack the key fob code.

Any pro installer would say no to a wirefree system but I have to say that my one has lived through every test I have thrown at it !

Just my opinion,

Mick

23297[/snapback]

Did you try wireless doorbell??? Just push the button and walk in peace while the alarm is set..

• 1 year later...

georg, i really think you need to do a little more research into wireless alarm systems.

Ten years ago this may well have been the case, but times ara a'changing.

equipment would be needed to find the frequency of the system and also the code, simply pressing a wireless doorbell to 'jam' the system is no longer an effective/reliable method of jamming most new wireless alarms.

also an intruder would be taking a chance on that, whereas another house down the same road with no alarm installed would be a better target.

Alarms systems are a deterent, not a solution to never get burgled. all alarms systems can be deactivated with time and knowledge.

georg, i really think you need to do a little more research into wireless alarm systems.

more?? excuse me but I am guiding the next reliable generation wireless research and development what comes to alarm systems. i very well know what i am talking about.

Ten years ago this may well have been the case, but times ara a'changing.
yes indeed but it isn't 2006 when it happens
equipment would be needed to find the frequency of the system

read the allocation table for radio frequencies and tell me that again

and also the code,
irrelevant. absolutely irrelevant. possibly the wave coding but that's pretty much irrelevant too when alarms transmit with 10mW power :roflmao:
simply pressing a wireless doorbell to 'jam' the system is no longer an effective/reliable method of jamming most new wireless alarms.

here you have sense with the word "reliable" i agree :yes:

also an intruder would be taking a chance on that, whereas another house down the same road with no alarm installed would be a better target.
sense, sense again
Alarms systems are a deterent, not a solution to never get burgled.

sense again. when you need security the physical barriers are the most important part. alarm system has another, more important role than a deterrant: to limit time what a burglar has to breach through physical security. that role of an alarm system in your mind you can start studies how to secure premises.

all alarms systems can be deactivated with time and knowledge.
point is not to give time nor possibility B)

regards - best regards

p.s. if someone could tell me whats wrong with

/
..!!

Archived