Security Installer Community

texecom premier panel purchase NW england

Guest thundercat

Guest thundercat

i have been reading the site for a few days on and off...

im looking to buy a texecom premier panel and lcd keypad for a diy install just removed the aging pyronix unit that was installed prior to me moving in and i guess its been dead for a long time!!

- 4 bed room house and detached garage currently renovating house , so many floor boards up and plasters are in in 2 weeks so i am ready to cable up thinking currently i need about 24 zones should then give some room to play:))

Can anybody reecomend a supllier in the north west of england preferably manchester as i would rather buy local rather than online, if they will supply to non trade??

one other question - i have a wired computer network and also a wireless computer network is there a need to keep alarm wires away from the wired segment - guess i cant do anything about interference if any from the wireless network

ta

Dave

Guest Peter James

Alternately if you buy from an installer you will pay a little more but will get help and advice on installation, and for a fee probably help commision the system.

Pete

Guest thundercat

thanks for the replies

i'll check out CEF-

thanks pete for the advice too - in my naievity as joe punter i had wrongly assumed all installers would be just interested in selling me a monitored system, or as in a recent experience 'wireless cos we dont put cables under the floor'

Guest thundercat

Well i think i may take petes advice in trying to find an installer in the manchester area, anybody on this forum interested ?

I think i need about 18 zones . Im looking to add to the system once installed so will also want wintex and usb cable,and engineer code. how much should supply and install like this cost based on below as a ballpark figure? also what is the cost of an annual maintainance contract?

Background

4 bed semi detached Property had an alarm system approx 15 yrs old. already ripped alarm panel out of hall and I plan to remove all cables myself under the floor and remove various junction boxes to rewire under the floor 1 wire per zone for each point and to now terminate in the basement, i will add cables to the 1st floor as there is no protection and drop the cables down the external cavities back into the basement,All cables will be prelabelled!

Groundfloor

all the downstairs doors (6) ( internal and external) and most (5) windows have either surface mount or flush contacts just approx 15yrs old) plan to have the door contacts replaced - and 4 PIRs placed in the groundfloor rooms instead of window contacts, although 1 room gets the sun all day. have 2 cats in house and 1 cat flap!

keypad to be in hall next to front door and replace flush contact on front door

1st Floor

there is no protection on the 1st floor at all - maybe PIR/window contacts. -open to suggestions - there is an extenstion roof below one bedroom and access is pretty easy

Garage

No protection at all - will cable up for up and over door, and side door with cables back to the basement

Shed - not interested!

Bell box need replacing on front at eaves level - is duff anyway and replace dummy on back

ADSL installed and master Phone line box is already terminated into basement phone line box is prefiltered for adsl

is there anything else i should consider? and am i right to go for PIRS instead of window contacts?

Hi thundercat,

If you going to install and label all the cables I suggest you either complete the job yourself, or let an engineer do it all from scratch. Also you're not going to get the engineer code of any reputable installer.

Reasons being, if a fault arises whose fault is it ie. who repairs? There are too many grey areas with an arrangement like this.

Archived