Security Installer Community

Veritasr8 Programming Mode

djyoung

Hi all,

I need to fit a petwise PIR to our Veritas R8 system. Additionally I need to move the PIRs because we are fitting coving. I therefore need to get in the programming menu to turn off the tamper. However I have tried the default engineers code (1234) and have tried resetting the engineers code by doing what I believe was a factory reset,powering the system and batteries completely down, switching on and pressing RESET button. This reset our user code but Im still not having any joy with the engineers code. I have managed to reinstate our user code but I think the Part Set settings have been retained so I am not convinced that I did the reset properly. The alarm is by Redcot whom I understand have gone bust so I am thinking that it would be as cheap for me to buy a new system than have someone come out and reset it (I have fitted a few pyronix alarms in the past so know my way around alarms). From what I understand it seems as though the engineers code has been locked. Is there not a jumper on the main board I can reset the panel with or similar?

Any advice guys + girls?

Dave 

From what I can tell, they went bust but a company called Radiant Security seem to have there details, see http://www.redcot.co/home.html

so I will try and contact them at some point, but I suspect they would be protective over the code as well. Like I say its frustrating because I have fitted alarms before so don't really want to spend 50quid or so to replace a perfectly functional system just for the sake of the dog!!. 

Do you think I did the factory reset correctly?

Also guys, I have thought about altering the sensitivity of the sensor so I dont have to replace it with a pet version. The dogs only small and I'v found out theres a jumper for the pulse count but didnt understand quite what that affected. Can anyone explain? 

If you think £50 is too much to spend on protecting your house, probably best just to rip it out and spend the money on sonething more important?

I agree. You could get a months subscription to sky multi room for that :)

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived