Security Installer Community

Which System?

pduk

Pse, all ip devices have weaknesses. Ie the tsi server has to be patched on an os and application level. My router does, my phone, hell any ip device. The security level of security equipment is often low as its never tested due to the lower numbers if units involved.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Exactly, That's why I commented what I did. I was always under the impression that the COM-IP traffic was secure ?

What I meant by that was it should be secure enough if its setup right and the network is nailed down correctly, not leaving a door open enywhere

In an ideal world absolutely, in reality can be the total opposite.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

That's the main problem, Not everyone reads from the same book.....

is your concern that security of access to the security system is not that good? Surely its the same ethos as grading, using a voice or text dialler for low G1/2 risk systems, while not being suitable for higher end G3 risks.

or the security system can be used to trojan access any networked PC, mobile phone, tablet etc?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I think your ideal answer may be a castle-caretech euro46-sm panel, although you cant log in via phone it will text you any alarms via the built in digi on that model, the text also includes details on the zone that activated and it wont cost the earth to buy

http://www.castle-caretech.com/prod-euro-46sm-communicating-home-alarm-system.php

Sms via pstn is a disaster on any product

I think it still has a place, better than 'bell only' surely?

Depends on the risk assessment and clients attitude. How many times do you hear "we care about us not the furnuture". So serves to warn in advance to be aware, which comforts the more timid from the worry of walking in on an intrusion.

People like teachers do not like phone calls in lessons etc but can read a message.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived