Security Installer Community

PC DVR software

Guest thundercat

Guest thundercat

hi

thanks for all your help on alarm panels - just dropped about 200 metres of 8 core all though my house now, im now dropping in Rg59 75 ohm for cctv - 4 cameras.

i already have a cheap dvr (chinese) pci card, bought off ebay last yr that uses pico 2000 software but i read online that the cards dont work with the pico software with any more than 1 cam, (they are clone cards and not so good clones), the chipset is on the pci card is connexant fusion chipset

can anybody reccomend any other software to use this card, its got 4 bnc inputs - I can either run windows xp or windows 2000 pro, and can dedicate a pc ( maybe placed in my loft out of the way and ive got a few network cables up there already and power.

the pc its going in is a P4 2.8ghz prescot , 512mb DDR ram, 120gb harddisk, 100 mbps Ethernet, latest ASUS P4PAP- E motherboard, with USB2 firewire etc - also have 300gb of external firewire storage.

what do the trade guys use when u are looking at a Pc based solution?? and whats the cost to buy the software?? any tips?

Maybe I can be of some help to you.

Our company has a model -- Ether8404 DVR card which is designed on Fusion 878A chipset-- the same chipset as PICO2000. Although we are much different from PICO cards, but maybe the software worth a try?

If you need, contact me for free at: echo-etherint@126.com

hi

thanks for all your help on alarm panels - just dropped about 200 metres of 8 core all though my house now, im now dropping in Rg59 75 ohm for cctv - 4 cameras.

i already have a cheap dvr (chinese)  pci card, bought off ebay last yr that uses pico 2000 software but i read online that the cards dont work with the pico software with any more than 1 cam, (they are clone cards and not so good clones), the chipset is on the pci card is connexant fusion chipset

can anybody reccomend any other software to use this card, its got 4 bnc inputs - I can either run windows xp or windows 2000 pro, and can dedicate a pc ( maybe placed in my loft out of the way and ive got a few network cables up there already and power.

the pc its going in is a P4 2.8ghz prescot , 512mb DDR ram, 120gb harddisk, 100 mbps Ethernet, latest ASUS P4PAP- E motherboard, with USB2 firewire etc - also have 300gb of external firewire storage.

what do the trade guys use when u are looking at a Pc based solution?? and whats the cost to buy the software?? any tips?

25033[/snapback]

Archived