Security Installer Community

wisdom risco remote control key fobs

kakawak

On 10/10/2016 at 6:42 PM, PeterJames said:

I would think you need the real ones they would be rolling code and pass-worded so they cant be copied 

Here's the simple answer which you didn't accept , as that would been the end of that, hence what continued perhaps

On 11/10/2016 at 7:22 PM, datadiffusion said:

Wherever you are, you can order Risco remotes via the magic of the interwebs.

Here's another great reply , but in English it says it's easy to get these over the web, plus you still have a code as fail safe 

What more do you want 

It is in English dd but he needs help 

• Upvote 1

op I was trying to show your theory that all is the same was a folly. You obviously know better and I'm wrong. Sorry I said anything that you don't agree with. Btw how did your a.n.other 868 work?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

@data fusion - ok before im hung, drawn & quartered on here, i get what you said in your first post.  what i didnt understand was if i broke a keyfob (hypathetically speaking) the only way i could replace it would be to contact the manufacturer direct for them to keycode my remote and send it out? meaning that no alarm distributers or alarm companies could do the honours on their behalf, this seems ridiculous imo. you didnt give me an explanation on why?

@james wilson - that shouldve been your answer first time around instead of being a smart a$$ ;)  and i didnt say you were wrong :/

@mr happy - do you know mr angry???

@yeti - this might be a good reply for you but to us novices a better description to follow the reply of... you can order Risco remotes via the magic of the interwebs with extra info like.... try risco website here -> and your correct .....no other remotes will not work with your alarm system because.... and if you cant find any links here is one here ->  and i give thumbs up instead of the middle finger lol

i like a bit of tongue and cheek :P

i apologise for saying that you didnt help but a more specific answer to my question wouldve made things easier.

so lets recap....

you cant use or buy any 3rd party remote control fobs to work on my risco.

i can buy the original key fobs from the manufacturer or alarm company and get an alarm engineer to code them for me, is this correct?

cheerscheers

cammy

More or less yes that's the way it is, although I don't know risco , they may oray not let the user add and remove fobs 

Example hkc panels adds them as a device which only the engineer has access to or anyone with engineer code

Honeywell (might get shot here) allows master code users to add fobs 

Risco? Don't know

But either way if you lose it , you can get it deactivated and new one added

With some method 

29 minutes ago, kakawak said:

so lets recap....

you cant use or buy any 3rd party remote control fobs to work on my risco.

i can buy the original key fobs from the manufacturer or alarm company and get an alarm engineer to code them for me, is this correct?

yes

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.