Security Installer Community

Securit 700L Plus

Guest mmmtb

Hi there,

I have the above mentioned system installed in my flat and recently the tamper alarm went off twice in the same day for apparently no reason, both times it was switched off and reset.

It is now several weeks later and some daft time in the wee hours and the tamper alarm keeps going off with fantastic volume! The only way I have found to allow my neighbours to get some sleep is to enter engineering mode, open the lid of the panel and disconnect the tamper wires from the board. While the tmaper light is currently flashing( no surprise there) the alarm is not going to wake anyone else up.

Can anyone suggest why the tamper alarm would suddenly start going off like that? Other than switching the alarm on and off when leaving and entering the flat I have had nothing else to do with this system and I had been in bed for a couple of hours with the alarm deactivated before the problem occured. Do the batteries in these systems have a known useful life span that could be causing this?

Appreciate any advice on this

Mike

Battery can cause this in some type of panels.

I suggest you get it serviced. Let us know where you live approximately and I bet someone will givu you some good telephone numbers to ring..

I'm pretty sure 'Alarmguard', a member of this forum covers your area.

You'll get a response soon :)

30624[/snapback]

Just amazed that it has taken THIS "long" already... :lol::w00t:

Just amazed that it has taken THIS "long" already...

WHY? Get a Life Georg! :P

mmmtb we do cover the Glasgow area, if we can be of assistance give me a call tomorrow.

Colin

Archived