Security Installer Community

Galaxy Dimension RF Portal + TCPA1B fobs

16 hours ago, al-yeti said:

What's the end result your trying to achieve? Let zone know when kettle is boiled? Just joking 

What you want to do with it 

Thanks so much for the rapid reply.

In short we want to create an 'assistance button' I want to create a log event from the button press (so have the button mapped as a 'log' zone).  The system is connected to a pager set for 'online print' so when this button is pressed the pager will go off and give the zone description as the message.  In addition we want to ability to use the log zone as the source for a link to maybe pulse a sounder output as well to draw attention.  Does that help?

17 hours ago, james.wilson said:

dont think you can set the button as a circuit like you could on the radio rio

This was the road I was heading down as it clearly shows this in the RF RIO manual but without a meaningful manual on the RF Portal I can't get a definite answer!  I suspect it is because they are enrolled in a different way?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Armadilloshield said:

This was the road I was heading down as it clearly shows this in the RF RIO manual but without a meaningful manual on the RF Portal I can't get a definite answer!  I suspect it is because they are enrolled in a different way?

The fobs are fixed function on the portal, so cannot be made to perform zone based operations.  Have a look at the SelfMon VMOD, which can be used to collect received RF device payloads which are then passed on as MQTT.  Depending on your application, I could write a special firmware to implement the feature that you require to take a specific RF device button transmission to trigger a virtual zone.

5 hours ago, Armadilloshield said:

Galaxy guy has the solution 

2 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

The fobs are fixed function on the portal, so cannot be made to perform zone based operations.  Have a look at the SelfMon VMOD, which can be used to collect received RF device payloads which are then passed on as MQTT.  Depending on your application, I could write a special firmware to implement the feature that you require to take a specific RF device button transmission to trigger a virtual zone.

Cannot he just set it as a silent pa and link it to a zone and trigger to any Sia device and outputs?

4 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Galaxy guy has the solution 

Cannot he just set it as a silent pa and link it to a zone and trigger to any Sia device and outputs?

A PA is global, with the system remaining in PA after the first press silent or not. You wouldn't be able to differentiate several different devices to different links.   If you used the VMOD, the panel isn't programmed to respond to the fob button, it's the VMOD that would respond to that, and relay the press to a virtual zone state change.