Security Installer Community

Boss employee thing

jb-eye

I need some constructive advice before I go and ruin a great relationship. I have a manager and he drives a company car. He doesn’t actually need a car other than a pool car to do the odd customer relation thing. Anyway last weekend he had a tyre slashed at his home, this was repaired on our account during the week. On Thursday he had a further 3 tyres slashed. The car is brand new with no sign writing. So i think this is personal against him. Now here’s the question: who pays the £250 bill for the tyres. It wont be the insurance due to the excess. I want to know what would be considered fair because I don’t see why it should cost me..

Jef

Customers!

So long as the 1st one had just been a one off, then i`d say its upto you.

But being as this is a reccuring event over only a few days then i`d say he must have a problem with someone, and i see no reason what it should cost you.

Its obviousely him having a rift with someone, its his responsibillity to get it sorted and foot the tyre bill.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

If you provide him with a company car I think you should foot the bill. A lot of companies now ask for the excess(I think it has to be in his contract though), which seems fair enough, I suppose. Although in this case if it keeps happening a resolution needs to be found.

You fit CCTV don't you?!

;)

If you don't know......ask.

If you provide him with a company car I think you should foot the bill. A lot of companies now ask for the excess(I think it has to be in his contract though), which seems fair enough, I suppose. Although in this case if it keeps happening a resolution needs to be found.

You fit CCTV don't you?!

;)

33704[/snapback]

I agree with Brian ;)

Brian, Smart youre having a laugh,

A company supplys a company car for use in works time to earn money, not to cost the comapny money. So what happens if it carrys on and cost's jeff more in repairs than wages, does he then sack the employee who has more rights and legal backing.

The excess would probaly cost more (commercial insurance policys) than you could get four tyres fitted.

If the tyres where damaged in works time out side a job then, i suppose i would replace them myself, but after work hours then the company vehicle is the responsibility of the empolyee and if it happened again i would ask them to sort it out themseleves, if they cant get to work and cant provide a sick note then they dont get paid.

Keep the vehicle at your place and get the employee a bike to pick the vehicle up from work.

While we are on this point, if a employee loses a £175.00 fluke meter (doing own work at weekend i think) would you make them replace it ?

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

So long as the 1st one had just been a one off, then i`d say its upto you.

But being as this is a reccuring event over only a few days then i`d say he must have a problem with someone, and i see no reason what it should cost you.

Its obviousely him having a rift with someone, its his responsibillity to get it sorted and foot the tyre bill.

33698[/snapback]

Wise words......................yet again

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

A company supplys a company car for use in works time to earn money, not to cost the comapny money. So what happens if it carrys on and cost's jeff more in repairs than wages, does he then sack the employee who has more rights and legal backing.

The excess would probaly cost more (commercial insurance policys) than you could get four tyres fitted.

If the tyres where damaged in works time out side a job then, i suppose i would replace them myself, but after work hours then the company vehicle is the responsibility of the empolyee and if it happened again i would ask them to sort it out themseleves, if they cant get to work and cant provide a sick note then they dont get paid.

Keep the vehicle at your place and get the employee a bike to pick the vehicle up from work.

While we are on this point, if a employee loses a £175.00 fluke meter (doing own work at weekend i think) would you make them replace it ?

33710[/snapback]

How do you know this is not work related as far as I can see this is an attack on the company until proved otherwise. First thing first has this been reported if so have they got a crime number. Me personally I would put up a temp CCTV on the premises in question and give it a couple off weeks and find what is going on. As a security company Shirley your staff should come first we are in different times and I am not talking about the odd incident being ignored. This should be taken at high priority and dealt with because next time it might not be the tyres but across the back of neck. If I wanted to attack your company this would be a start. Who knows how valuable he would be for the right price.

33710[/snapback]

How do you know this is not work related as far as I can see this is an attack on the company until proved otherwise. First thing first has this been reported if so have they got a crime number. Me personally I would put up a temp CCTV on the premises in question and give it a couple off weeks and find what is going on. As a security company Shirley your staff should come first we are in different times and I am not talking about the odd incident being ignored. This should be taken at high priority and dealt with because next time it might not be the tyres but across the back of neck. If I wanted to attack your company this would be a start. Who knows how valuable he would be for the right price. You should be looking further at this time. If all seems a personal vandeta then and only then should you be looking at recooping the cost

33710[/snapback]

If it's a company car and it's provided for out of hours use then the employee will be paying company car tax. It's not a freebie. Also, if the cost of repair is less than the excess then the guy could have the repairs done himself as he should be liable for the excess anyway.

If they can't get to work due to flat tyres then who's losing out? BOTH of you! Wouldn't it be better to have a breakdown service covering the vehicle? The problem's sorted straight away, customers aren't let down, you get your cash so does the employee and the price of the tyres is covered by insurance and the excess by the employee.

I think Jef's employee would think far more of him if he was to try and offer some help in his situation rather than steam in demanding cash. Happy workers are mostly good workers.

As for meters, power tools, laptops etc, I think if lost or not covered by insurance due to neglect by engineer, then it should be replaced by the engineer. If it's not a a scam and it's covered by insurance then the company should replace it.

If you don't know......ask.

How do you know this is not work related as far as I can see this is an attack on the company until proved otherwise.  First thing first has this been reported if so have they got a crime number. Me personally I would put up a temp CCTV on the premises in question and give it a couple off weeks and find what is going on. As a security company Shirley your staff should come first  we are in different times and I am not talking about the odd incident being ignored. This should be taken at high priority and dealt with because next time it might not be the tyres but across the back of neck. If I wanted to attack your company this would be a start.  Who knows how valuable he would be for the right price.  You should be looking further at this time. If all seems a personal vandeta then and only then should you be looking at recooping the cost

33716[/snapback]

If it was work related, i would have expected offices to be damaged first, nusiance phone calls holding up the line, lines cut, windows, and other things, not following a employee home and damaging the car, this is what a teenager would do, if it was against the firm by a adult then i would think it would be more direct.

I know jeff, I personally would not think this is work related due to he is not one of this cowboy firms ripping old people off.

Its probaly the engineer been seen with somebody's wife.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

Archived