Security Installer Community

Boss employee thing

jb-eye

I think you should pay for the tyres and give him a light but official verbal warning.

If he has any more trouble assosiated with work related property then hes going to be totting up and quite fairly would lose his job. I say quite fairly because in reality theres measures he could take to keep his work and personal life seperate.

You should talk to him to find out why the tyres on the car assosiated with him are getting slashed regular.

So now hes had a verbal warning, and you have left the responsibility of the company vehicle with him on the understanding that any more problems are sorted out and paid for by him (ie damaged caused to the car while outside his house), if hes not happy with that then the car stay's at the office and he makes his own way to and from work.

Also get him to use a temporary cctv system to cover the car if he wants to take it home.

I think you will find the company car you have provided is part of the contract of employment and removing it leaves you in a difficult position, as does chasing him for the damage costs.

I understand where your coming from and he maybe be understanding also, but you could technically be in breech of contract.

Guest IM_Alarms

Why not do the gentlemanly thing and ask him what to do? Sometimes you just need to trust your workers to come up with the good ideas themselves. :yes:

Go with whatever he says, he'll pay you back one way or another in the long run. ;)

Why not do the gentlemanly thing and ask him what to do? Sometimes you just need to trust your workers to come up with the good ideas themselves. :yes:

Go with whatever he says, he'll pay you back one way or another in the long run. ;)

33871[/snapback]

Just spoke to Ben, he wont hear of me paying for this and asked for some time to settle. He tells me he,s moving in March and doesnt want to take the car home. I have agreed to deduct the VAT and he will pay the balance over a period of time by waiving his commission payments on some of the jobs he prices, This way no one feels the pinch. (his largest commission was £1,700 normaly £120.00). Thanks for everyones imput on this subject. Shows how helpfull a forum can be and stops me screwing a good thing up.

Jef

Customers!

Well done that man!

Now how is he going to take it when you tell him his paying for the Christmas Do?

33881[/snapback]

Rich, went on xmas piss up on Friday (literally went to the dogs) me and the missus dropped a couple of carloads of people off in Manchester afterwards and then went home. From this mornings reports everyone is on a high (they did some sort of bonding thing) Now remember this i paid for everything, Yes everything, including the betting stakes (they all won) but the important thing for you employees is that the whole xmas thing is 100% tax deductible so go out there and hammer your employers generosity it wont hurt them.

Jef

Customers!

Archived