Security Installer Community

the good the bad and the rest.....

I heard this week that they are now using DSC panels instead of galaxy. Why buy from a competitor when you own a maker of panels.

34256[/snapback]

//.National Installer.// are still trialling DSC, but unfortunately, have never owned (contrary to popular belief) Microtech

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

The //.National Installer.// capers is not just in the UK. The name is tarred over seas as well. I should know, I am just back. Same story offer free systems, sign someone up to armed response for 36 months. Customer thinks they are getting a good deal, till someone else comes along and says they can offer it at half the price. Dont get me wrong everywhere you look, you see //.National Installer.// Armed Response Signs. I had a discussion with one of their General managers, who said that they had close on 255000 customers. They were bigger than Chubb, but still dont have as good a name as Chubb. Also the standard panel for them over there is the DSC with a panel called the Eagle as their preferred wire free system.

cheers Kev

I heard this week that they are now using DSC panels instead of galaxy. Why buy from a competitor when you own a maker of panels.

They tried the dsc panels a few years ago, but that was as far as they got with it.. :wacko:

They are looking to change the smaller panels they use, but which panel they use is anybody guess... :w00t:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

(My opinion)

//.National Installer.// U.K. - lost the plot at the time of the purchase of Modern Security Systems (ASH plc) - they forgot that the vitality of the company rested upon the individual employees of the company - many good people left after the treatment they received and lack of appreciation of the amount of commitment that had been given over the years ... rant .. rant .. rant

i'm not bitter !

34179[/snapback]

I toally agree with this !

paul

(ex modern alarms)

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Honeywell offers £1.2bn for Novar 

Novar's interest include cheque book printing

UK mini-conglomerate Novar has unveiled an £1.2bn ($2.3bn) bid from Honeywell of the US, a month on from rejecting another offer from Melrose.

The board of Novar, which has interests in electronics, aluminium and printing cheque books, is backing the offer.

Industrial conglomerate Honeywell is offering £798m or £1.85 per share for each Novar share, with another £331m for preference shares and debt.

The value is well above the £625m at which Melrose's offer was valued.

Honeywell's bid - which includes a second interim dividend of 6.6 pence per share in place of a final year dividend - effectively offers a 28% premium to Novar's shareholders over the bid from Melrose.

Last month, Novar rejected Melrose's offer, saying it undervalued the group.

Melrose declined to comment whether it would raise its bid.

So looks like //.National Installer.// could be fitting ADE compacts as their smaller panel :lol::lol:

Or the Galaxy made by ADE :w00t::lol:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

I toally agree with this !

paul

(ex modern alarms)

34353[/snapback]

not quite,it was tyco that spoilt it!! //.National Installer.// took over modern and it was know as //.National Installer.// MODERN for a short while(anyone remember the white hex's with //.National Installer.// modern on) until tyco(THORN) bought //.National Installer.// and formed what is now //.National Installer.// fire&security..

(also ex modern)

Archived