Security Installer Community

Risco Wisdom - System Date Not Accepted

Hi. Looking for some info on a Risco Wisdom, as I can't get anywhere with Risco or the original installer.

Alarm was installed circa 2008. I went to change the system time after daylight savings this year, and noticed the date was wrong. I tried to change the date, but it would not accept the current date.

It's very odd, as it's only 1 day out of sync. Changing the day or month automatically cycles the day of the week. But as soon as I try to enter the year (2024), it shows 3 dashes where the day of the week would be.

It's almost as if the system core had a dataset with all the corresponding days of the week up to a certain date, which we now appear to have passed. If that's the case, I would imagine this is a common issue with these panels.

Has anyone seen this issue elsewhere with the Wisdom panel, or other Risco products?

Any info is much appreciated. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

It's Risco, they go loopy... I don't like waste but they are generally panels I prefer to bin than takeover.

Years ago and installer gave me a few boxes of wisdom kits, they sold like hot cakes on eBay 

As above when new setup by installer will work then go loopy like alarm men