Security Installer Community

Abacus 6 set up AREA

Hello everyone, I think my alarm is an Abacus 6 because it has 6 zones. There is a facility to part set a zone and also a facility to group several zones into an "Area" which has to be set up by an engineer. 

Would anyone be able to tell me how to set up an "AREA" please.

Thanks

William Macdonald (Glasgow)

Hi and welcome, you would need the engineers code in order to change anything that isnt already set up on that panel. Have you tested to see if part set has not already been set up?

• james.wilson changed the title to Abacus 6 set up AREA
On 10/07/2024 at 17:47, William Macdonald said:

Hello everyone, I think my alarm is an Abacus 6 because it has 6 zones. There is a facility to part set a zone and also a facility to group several zones into an "Area" which has to be set up by an engineer. 

Would anyone be able to tell me how to set up an "AREA" please.

Thanks

William Macdonald (Glasgow)

Thanks very much for your welcome and response. I have the instruction book which tells how to set up a part set so I could do that but the instruction book doesn't say how to set up an "AREA", (which is an amalgam of zones) which is what I want, it simply says I need an engineer. Unfortunately there are no Abacus guys still working I think who could tell me how it's done.  From the instruction book I think I can get access to the engineer code because I am the "main user" and this would allow me to set up an "AREA".

1 hour ago, William Macdonald said:

Thanks very much for your welcome and response. I have the instruction book which tells how to set up a part set so I could do that but the instruction book doesn't say how to set up an "AREA", (which is an amalgam of zones) which is what I want, it simply says I need an engineer. Unfortunately there are no Abacus guys still working I think who could tell me how it's done.  From the instruction book I think I can get access to the engineer code because I am the "main user" and this would allow me to set up an "AREA".

No you cannot program the panel without he engineer code

2 hours ago, William Macdonald said:

Unfortunately there are no Abacus guys still working I think who could tell me how it's done.

almost 20 years since the abacus retired ?

& something like 35 years since it hit the market....

seen many Ford Orion's in daily use.....

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

5 hours ago, William Macdonald said:

So you have user manual telling you how to set the partset