Security Installer Community

Orisec UDL Software & Flash Programmer

Hello,

Is there anywhere that I can download the Orisec UDL Software and Flash Programmer, without being a registered alarm installer? I have a broken system in my home, and would like to investigate the issues further myself. My alarm company isn't too interested, I believe I have older buggy panel firmware however I'm at the point of replacing the system. Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks.

13 hours ago, glen84 said:

Hello,

Is there anywhere that I can download the Orisec UDL Software and Flash Programmer, without being a registered alarm installer? I have a broken system in my home, and would like to investigate the issues further myself. My alarm company isn't too interested, I believe I have older buggy panel firmware however I'm at the point of replacing the system. Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks.

No

Alarm company will be interested if you pay, and there will be others 

You probably be like others every 5/6 years replace a system instead of getting the one you have fixed 

Atleast get yourself some quotes , when you DIY it you will get some head ache to come with that aswell , and you don't have any friends who install alarms .....

11 hours ago, al-yeti said:

No

Alarm company will be interested if you pay, and there will be others 

You probably be like others every 5/6 years replace a system instead of getting the one you have fixed 

Atleast get yourself some quotes , when you DIY it you will get some head ache to come with that aswell , and you don't have any friends who install alarms .....

I'm very familiar with these types of system. With access to the programming software I will have no problem investigating the issues, updating the firmware and re-configuring from scratch if necessary. Unfortunately, I just don't have access to the software.

10 hours ago, james.wilson said:

Are you sure you have a 'bug' 

Yes there are bugs in all firmware but not usually found. 

What is the issue? 

The system was working fine. It has a wi-fi module installed, and I was changing the settings on the Panel to connect to a new router. The Panel crashed, and ever since (even using the Engineers login) it has not been possible to silence the Panel Alarm. To me, this must be a bug and something Orisec are aware of, and have likely fixed in newer releases of their software. 

21 minutes ago, glen84 said:

The system was working fine. It has a wi-fi module installed, and I was changing the settings on the Panel to connect to a new router. The Panel crashed, and ever since (even using the Engineers login) it has not been possible to silence the Panel Alarm. To me, this must be a bug and something Orisec are aware of, and have likely fixed in newer releases of their software. 

So then defaulting should have solved the problem realistically or there's a problem with board

The board itself cheap to replace 

22 minutes ago, glen84 said:

Ok

So it constantly reboots, you don't get an alarm event or log entry? 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

1 minute ago, james.wilson said:

Ok

So it constantly reboots, you don't get an alarm event or log entry? 

When I enter the Engineer password, the Panel Alarm silences however, whenever the system detects movement on a PIR it sounds again. It's like it's stuck in 'Arm Mode' however it won't Disarm. As mentioned, this has only been the case since it crashed when entering new wi-fi settings.

5 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

So then defaulting should have solved the problem realistically or there's a problem with board

The board itself cheap to replace 

I would set everything to default, however I don't have the UDL software or Flash Programmer...

7 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

What happens if you use a use code. An engineer shouldn't normally be used to silence an event. 

Whensilenced what is the event flagged as

I have used the user code too, I believe it beeps when I attempt is disarm, almost as if it doesn't accept the code anymore. However, I know the code is correct... Is it possible this is related to the crash somehow? It's all rather strange to be honest