Security Installer Community

Galaxy 520 assistance

Hi all! 

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have the external siren perform a confirmation tone when the system has full set on a Honeywell Galaxy 520. If so, menu guidance would be appreciated. Thanks! 

41 minutes ago, MCLSSOR said:

Hi all! 

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have the external siren perform a confirmation tone when the system has full set on a Honeywell Galaxy 520. If so, menu guidance would be appreciated. Thanks! 

Outputs menu?

It will be possible, but please don't.

It's annoying and unnecessary. Your advertising to everyone within audible distance that you are leaving the premises and/or if the system fails to set.

Some systems have an option to flash the strobe a few times on set, that is a much better option even if it's not my preference for similar reasons.

1 minute ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

It will be possible, but please don't.

It's annoying and unnecessary. Your advertising to everyone within audible distance that you are leaving the premises and/or if the system fails to set.

Some systems have an option to flash the strobe a few times on set, that is a much better option even if it's not my preference for similar reasons.

I agree but this has been requested by a client. I will suggest the strobe option though. Thanks. 

11 minutes ago, MCLSSOR said:

I agree but this has been requested by a client. I will suggest the strobe option though. Thanks. 

Or he could try having the ethernet card and use the Honeywell app to know what's going on

Or selfmon app

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

Or he could try having the ethernet card and use the Honeywell app to know what's going on

Or selfmon app

Yes, get a phone alert instead of annoying people with a siren sounding.