Security Installer Community

Accenta 8

asgx1

Hello everyone, I'm new around here.

I've just bought a house with an Accenta 8 system

4 PIR sensors, 1 keypad, 1 door latch and 1 window latch.

I'm doing some renovation work and the control box was inside the airing cupboard which no longer exists, so I had the move the system whilst the destruction took place, I isolated the mains supply to the control box and me being a silly man decided that would do the trick, then took the faceplate off the keypad and a quick panic to grab some ladders to disconnect the internal battery to stop the sirens going off!!

At this point I was just going to get rid of the system but I've decided to keep it since there was nothing wrong with it and it actually worked as intended...

I have now since took the fuses out for the sirens and flashers so im not waking my neighbours up, I am now wanting to reinstate the system, currently when I re energise the system the alarms sounds, I put in the user code and it shuts the alarm up and goes into a tamper lockout, at this stage i am unable to use the keypad at all unless I cycle the power again and its back to square one.

I've read on another forum about a shorting wire from the [SET] terminal to the left hand [PA] terminal, I'm presuming this is engineer mode as all the lights on the keypad light up, now at this point I'm stuck as to the next step... any ideas on how to get out of tamper mode?

Cheers in advance.

When all the faults are clear the system beeps once and will reset, until then it will always lockout.

TBH I would take the opportunity to upgrade the system reusing the wiring if that's in good order.

You've knocked stuff about with the building work and have no clue how reliable or maintained the system was.

8 hours ago, asgx1 said:

Hello everyone, I'm new around here.

I've just bought a house with an Accenta 8 system

4 PIR sensors, 1 keypad, 1 door latch and 1 window latch.

I'm doing some renovation work and the control box was inside the airing cupboard which no longer exists, so I had the move the system whilst the destruction took place, I isolated the mains supply to the control box and me being a silly man decided that would do the trick, then took the faceplate off the keypad and a quick panic to grab some ladders to disconnect the internal battery to stop the sirens going off!!

At this point I was just going to get rid of the system but I've decided to keep it since there was nothing wrong with it and it actually worked as intended...

I have now since took the fuses out for the sirens and flashers so im not waking my neighbours up, I am now wanting to reinstate the system, currently when I re energise the system the alarms sounds, I put in the user code and it shuts the alarm up and goes into a tamper lockout, at this stage i am unable to use the keypad at all unless I cycle the power again and its back to square one.

I've read on another forum about a shorting wire from the [SET] terminal to the left hand [PA] terminal, I'm presuming this is engineer mode as all the lights on the keypad light up, now at this point I'm stuck as to the next step... any ideas on how to get out of tamper mode?

Cheers in advance.

As above scrap,

Get new panel and keypad and bellbox, use existing wiring , maybe you get away with using the existing detectors