Security Installer Community

Romec

antinode

My manager was very poor could not organise engineers we were passing each other in the mornings instead of sorting out areas. Spares were VERY hard to get the hold off. I didnt like the mobile data unit. They refused to hire access equipment when I needed it. Manintnence on CCTV was very very poor. They scrapped the quality Aplex and went to naff Menvier. I ended up goint to tribunal with them and left 18 months later. NOT a happpy time.

These are MY PERSONAL VIEWS !!!!

37517[/snapback]

This is about //.National Installer.// you know not initial!!! :whistle:

Quote of the day: A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying damn we fcuked up!!!

management treat us like mushrooms!! keep us in the dark and feed us bullsiht!!!

• 5 months later...

have worked for them for approx 5 years and it is like banging your head against a brick wall at times but they do treat you well if you are willing to go the extra mile for them!

RPS,

Can you book the extra mile :P

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Its not our place here to knock companies or their ways. We have discussed the role of service managers before, failed engineers that are better off away from the field. There are exceptions too, service managers who refuse to be and want to remain engineers and are not afraid to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. Each company does not suit everybody as with the above comments for and against.We can influence use of kit because of its fit for the purpose and reliability but we cant influence one mans decision to work for a company just because he/she wants to put food on the table. :huh:

Bri

trade.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer menvier or microtech over any europlex panel any day, Aplex 100 used to hurt my head !!! 3GS was just too big, had to move old panel position loads of times when a customer wanted to upgrade all their sites from Abacus.

Guest Trulloman
Sorry to be a wet blanket but I worked for them for 12 years and would NOT recommend them.

37461[/snapback]

It took you 12 years to find out you didn't like working for them!

Archived