Security Installer Community

DVR with audio on all channels

Guest nurserycam

Guest nurserycam

Hi All,

We have another installations (small business, not day nurseries), and the customer is looking for 4 channel DVR and 8 channel DVR with audio input on all channels.

There are not many DVR out there, but not all have audio input on all channels. No other specific requirement for the DVR.

My budget is £1200 for 4 channel DVR and £1500 for 8 channels DVR. Do you guys have any good recommendations?

Best regards,

Edward

Hi Edward

I have no idea on the price but the March 3204 DVR has 12 in/out audio channels and 16 video channels, March 4210 dvr

Also Dallmeier do a DMX range with 8/16 or 32 audio and video options.Contact dallmeier here

Those 2 links are for the products I have found after looking through all the product sheets i picked up from iipsec 05.

As Ian says building your own would probably get round this cheaply.

But also worth considering is cabling the system with cat5 and using IP cameras with Audio. It all depends on what you are doing with the cameras.

If you want to mail me with more specific details there may be other options open to you.

Hi Edward

I have no idea on the price but the March 3204 DVR has 12 in/out audio channels and 16 video channels, March 4210 dvr

39830[/snapback]

I have to correct this a bit. 3204 has 1 line level two way half duplex audio channel, 4 video inputs and the MSRP price is £**** + VAT. It ships with minimum of 300GB HDD.

in to 4000 series you can add two audio modules (MSRP £*** + VAT) with 6 audio I/O:s in each. These have 16 video inputs.

MSRP Prices. These ships with a minimum of 600GB of storage capasity.

4210 £****

4310 £****

4410 £****

and prices excludes VAT

Not sure if trade prices should be in the public forum, so I've removed them.

I have to correct this a bit. 3204 has 1 line level two way half duplex audio channel, 4 video inputs and the MSRP price is £**** + VAT. It ships with minimum of 300GB HDD.

in to 4000 series you can add two audio modules (MSRP £*** + VAT) with 6 audio I/O:s in each. These have 16 video inputs.

MSRP Prices. These ships with a minimum of 600GB of storage capasity.

4210  £****

4310  £****

4410  £****

and prices excludes VAT

Not sure if trade prices should be in the public forum, so I've removed them.

39861[/snapback]

Yeah I realised after, but I wondered if they could fit an audio module to the 3000 series.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nurserycam

Thanks for your help.

But we still cannot find the product that will do audio for all channels (at a reasonable price, approximately £1500 for 8 channel DVR)

March has relocated their UK office, and all their supports are now done in Canada. Plus, they are not keen at all.

Panasonic does not do 8 channel audio

LJD does 4 audio for its 4 channel DVR

Damiller is too expensive and bulky for this little project.

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks,

Edwrad

Archived