Security Installer Community

LCD CCTV Monitor Screen Resolution

Guest Suzanne

QUOTE(Rich @ Feb 16 2005, 03:06 PM)

You should have a professional design your system for you, either get some companies in to put together a quote and do a survey or pay for a consultant to pay you a visit.

Hi Suzanne,

Reading between the lines, I think you are possibly slightly off track concentrating on the monitor issue, rather than the basics. As Rich has already suggested, you would undoubtedly benefit from some impartial advice on your application, long before you start looking at the choice of equipment.

Modern CCTV systems are technically capable of doing things we couldn't even dream about ten years ago (including automatic target identification and tracking), but it's the application and your budget which will dictate how best to achieve a result.

Where safety issues are paramount, it's unlikely to be resolved using 'active' remote control (pan, tilt & zoom or PTZ) cameras.

Perhaps if you can post some more background information, we can offer more appropriate guidance. If you just want to find out a bit more about CCTV, I'm sure the guys will forgive me for suggesting that you have a quick look at my website; you may find some useful bits :blink:

regards

DJ

http://www.doktorjon.co.uk

Guest Suzanne

Thank you everyone. Your help and advice is much appreciated. When I have more information on the rest of the system I will post it up on here.

Suzanne

• 1 month later...

I havnt read all this post so please excuse me if this has already been covered.

Remember, computer screen resolutions are far different from tv resolutions. Its wise to remember that true PAL is 720x 576 pixels so if you record at this resolution, or near to it, although viewing the picture on a PC monitor whether it be a CRT or TFT may look poor you will always get a better picture watching it on a monitor / tv.

If you've never done this, try it for yourself, the results can be astounding!

Regards.

Mark

secure4.me.uk digital cctv

Archived