Security Installer Community

Interesting

Guest bigbro

Guest bigbro

ok, this is something one of our fitteres has picked up on.

in google type inurl:"viewerframe?mode="

it appears to bring up lots of links to cctv cameras thnat are online but not secure. Naughty Naughty.

ok, this is something one of our fitteres has picked up on.

in google type      inurl:"viewerframe?mode="

it appears to bring up lots of links to cctv cameras thnat are online but not secure.  Naughty Naughty.

42673[/snapback]

here here.. As i have said among many others: security is more than wiring alarms or cameras properly!!

I would suggest most of these are webcams and available to the public, you just got to know the right websight to find them nornally.

Its no big deal, not like you can do anything with them illegal like.

Most seem to be public cameras, I've been loking through them every now and again for months!

There's one or two that I don't think are meant to be publicly viewable, but then they're not set up correctly.

Moral: Don't butt about with stuff when you don't know what you're doing, these could all be secured if required.

Guest bigbro

yeah, there are many web cams on there, but there are also many that are definatly not, its crazy, not even as much as a user/password screen.

I did a post on this a while back but in the trade section, alot of those links are now dead as someone went through alot of them informing the owners of the problem.

Alot are public cams and generally you wont find much professional equipement using these types of url's

I agree with george, security is more than an installation, but when you think about how quickly ipcctv has been introduced into the industry its no suprise that installers transfering from the traditional systems to networkable cctv will be lacking in the knowledge to even understand whats going on here.

yes, IP is quite new for _many_ of the installers. And at the moment also alarms and access control have IP connectivity..

But who would install traditional VCR instead of DVR because he doesn't know what DVR is made of or doesn't know what is firewall or how it should be configured..

Or who wouldn't make remote control for access control or alarms for same reason..?

i am afraid that many installers do not even realise that there is something more they should understand than cabling and wiring..

it doesn't matter how well done alarm system is if codes are accessible..

Archived