Security Installer Community

dennard domes

mikeald

hi all, i have been 'put forward'! to install 4 x dennard domes linked to external pir's and utilising a dowshu dvr. I have installed many ultrak domes, but never a dennard dome! My questions are:

1. How does the telemetry get back to the controls? I am assuming there is some sort of dacs board at the camera end that sends it all over the coax?

2. Is it actually possible for a dowshu dvr to control domes?

3. How do i wire the external pir's into the dvr? ( obviously so that i can assign them to a preset on the dome)

4. how do i program a preset on the dome via the dowshu?

Hope these questions arent to'silly'? I am an intruder engineer and only do some cctv.

i hope someone can shed some light on this for me?

many thanks

mike

Intruder & Fire Member

Wire the telemetry from each camera (or in and out) in screened twisted pair (belden). Which Dennard domes are they 2055's?

They have up the coax and Rs485 (twisted pair) telemetry.

Run belden between the RS485 out of the Dowshu to the RS485 in of the Dennard.

Yes, the Dowshu can control the domes.

Wire the external PIR's (use Redwalls by Optex) to the alarm inputs of the Dowshu.

Then all you have to do is tell the Dowshu which camera and preset you want each alarm input to respond to.

Hope this helps

:)

If you don't know......ask.

We use Radio PIRs from Luminite......excellent kit.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

so i need a beldon and a coax going to each dome yes? cant i have the telemetery thru the coax? using 20/30s i think. What is the difference?

so i go from the dowshu rs485 output, in and out of each cam(daisy chain)? or i can run each one back to the dowshu?

do the domes need to be addresses or are there any dil switches in them or anything i should know about like that?

how many alarm inputs are on the dowshu? i.e how many pirs can i have on the system? Does the dowshu look for a nc or no contact on the alarm inputs, i mean how should i wire the redwalls exactly? in the no or nc contact?

cheers

mike

Intruder & Fire Member

so i need a beldon and a coax going to each dome yes? cant i have the telemetery thru the coax? using 20/30s i think.  What is the difference?

42804[/snapback]

Yup, you can buy both as an integrated cable I'm sure.

You can have UTC telemetry but you will need convertors.

20/30 will have a 30m wide view at a length of 20m (or the other way round can't remember!)

so i go from the dowshu rs485 output, in and out of each cam(daisy chain)?  or i can run each one back to the dowshu? 

42804[/snapback]

Either or. Best one to each though incase the first run develops a fault.

do the domes need to be addresses or are there any dil switches in them or anything i should know about like that?

42804[/snapback]

Depends which domes you are using. Some address via dip switch, some via on screen menu.

how many alarm inputs are on the dowshu?  i.e how many pirs can i have on the system?  Does the dowshu look for a nc or no contact on the alarm inputs?

cheers

mike

42804[/snapback]

Depends which model you are using. I think it's usually about 8/16 etc.

You can program each input as NO or NC.

:)

you are being a great help - cheers!

So how exactly do i access the dome menu system via the dowshu? i.e to prog presets, and what about the alarm inputs on the dowshu? How do they get progd up? i.e no or nc.

thankyou

Intruder & Fire Member

No problem.

This ones a bit more tricky though.

The Dowshu is a PC based system. If your pretty good on the PC you shouldn't have a problem. (there is a menu button on the telemetry control for compatible PTZ)

Inputs, outputs, telemetry everything is programmed through the 'PC'.

sorted! yeah i am pretty good on pc's, build them as a hobby. I have fitted dowshu's before, but never had to use the telemetry feature. only plugged in static's. Ok, well i will let u know if i get stuck! cheers pal

mike

Intruder & Fire Member

Archived