Security Installer Community

Big(ish) alarm companies in the North West area?

antinode

Sorry to keep asking guys, but I need a job kind of quickly! Is there a list on the internet somewhere that I can get some contact details from? I've had a look, and no joy so far. It's pretty frustrating to be honest. Ideally, it'd be no more than 30 minutes away from Wigan, which still covers a fairly large area.

Thanks again!

Trade Member

Get out the Yellow Pages, draw up a short list , ring round asking 1st if there are any positions, then go with CV in hand and request 5 minutes of the service/install managers time and sell sell sell yourself.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Go to BSIA website and search there memebers. Got hundreds on there and gives all contact details you need.

www.bsia.co.uk

also try Nacoss and SSAIB websites and search memebers on there aswell.

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Sorry to keep asking guys, but I need a job kind of quickly! Is there a list on the internet somewhere that I can get some contact details from? I've had a look, and no joy so far. It's pretty frustrating to be honest. Ideally, it'd be no more than 30 minutes away from Wigan, which still covers a fairly large area.

Thanks again!

43317[/snapback]

We need an installer in that exact area.

Send CV ASAP or PM me with your details etc.

No guarantees of offer, but we will look at your details immediately.

Regards,

Matt

Concept Smoke Screen

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

We need an installer in that exact area.

Send CV ASAP or PM me with your details etc.

No guarantees of offer, but we will look at your details immediately.

Regards,

Matt

Concept Smoke Screen

43356[/snapback]

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not trained or anything like that. I know quite a bit, but I've never actually worked as an installer. I'm looking for a company to train me up as a security engineer. I suppose I should have made it clearer, but let me know if you're still interested.

http://www.linkalarms.co.uk

In wigan and always busy

43375[/snapback]

I've tried Link/Expo-Link/whatever they're calling themselves this week, but they never got back to me.

I've not had much luck with the Yellow Pages either. Nobody seems to be taking on at all at the minute, let alone looking for apprentices.

Trade Member

I'm sure Dave's got a few links on the site, I'm not sure one is security vaccancies (check the spelling) .com or somethings, search on google for it, it'll put you in the right direction. Oasis recrutment are a good firm (directory enquires ask them to do a national search they'll find it) sorry I haven't got the number to hand. Basically they'll type you a cv if you haven't already got one and fax it to all companies in that area.

If I were in your shoes... & I have been in the past, ring around the companies in yellow pages in that area, ask to speak to the installations manager regarding positions for installation/service engineers, they'll either let you speak to him or put you off. If you speak to him then that's half the battle of getting an interview. Tell him what kind of gear you've fitted, sites you work on and who you've worked for in the past, this normally interests them. Always try and get their name and keep a note of it because you never know when you might need them.

It'll give you a good idea of what the office staff are going to be like when you speak to them as well. As someone else has suggested & I've found this at interviews is that you need to try and sell yourself to them, without being over confident but relaxed and tell them or suggest ways in which you might benifit their company, if you haven't worked on their gear put it across that you'll soon pick it up and ask if they've any installation manuals on it you can look over to get a feel for it.

Hope this helps, let us all know how you get on,

regards Tony.

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

http://www.linkalarms.co.uk

In wigan and always busy

43375[/snapback]

Sorry to hijack the thread antinode, but

1: if you want to get into installing our kit, it is not unfeasible but be quick with CV etc. We will train. We organise training on Galaxy products as well as ours (using the standard 8 core, relays, programming of panels etc.).

2: Nova, do you have capacity for installers/service engineers if so PM me with rates.

Again, no guarantees, but we will look into immediately.

Regards,

Matt

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

Why not try //.National Installer.// m/c or Liverpool they cover wigan try swift, black box, argos, link, AC controls in warrington, initial in M/C or Liverpool,best alarms St helens,

look in yelow pages there are loads of places to try.

Antinode, have you tried Initial Fire And Security ?!

They are one of, if not, the best security alarm company in the country.

With 40 branches throughout the UK, i'm sure there will be a branch near you.

:yes:

UTC - The dawn of a new era !

Archived