Security Installer Community

CCTV VCL

tux

Hi,

I have a VCL microsphere dome its VCL protocol im looking for a controller for it i found one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWA:IT but not sure if its compatible it says its multi protocol but doesnt list what it supports wondered if anyone knew? for the time being ive just purchased a rs485 to rs232 device but i cant find any software that i can control the dome with from the pc? also i knew i wouldnt be able to do anything but i connected the data + and data - to the rs232 port and opened up the port logger thinking i will see some gibberish so i know it works but there was nothing is that how its supposed to be or should i see stuff?

cheers

VCL are one of the hardest domes to control via somebody else equipment and they wont give the protocol out, they tell you to buy one of their keyboards, i would not touch that controller from ebay due to in canada they have some wired protocols i think they still use alot of vicon.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

FEATURES

Digital menu

RS485 multi protocol

Controls up to 32 dome cameras

Compatible with all Jetview PTZ DOME Camera ( http://www.jetviewcam.com/PTZ.htm )

High reliability Joy Stick

Tactile-pro switches

This will not control VCL domes, as it states above! (lifted from the ebay page you posted).

Coincidentally i can find that controller on a manufactures web site and they claim it is for use with theyre domes only also, and its £2 cheaper HARRRRR!

WOT A CHEAP AND NASTY LOOKING BIT OF KIT

THINK IT WOULD BE BEST TO LEAVE WELL ALONE

WOT TYPE/MAKE OF MULTPLEXER HAVE U GOT??

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

• 8 months later...
Guest awadynamo

also while we are talking about vcl equipment can anyone tell me if there keybrds will work with pelco software for 2 high speed ptz i have just gor off ebay as i need a joystick controller and micro unit the kebrd iv been looking at is a VCL Maxcom keyboard MAX0126-00

many thanks

beginner

Archived