Security Installer Community

speeddomes

hi, i wonder if anyone can help me :blink:

i have taken on a job of fitting cctv in a club and the customer allready has external cameras but has never been able to use the speeddome he has there.

the problem he has is that the speed dome sweeps from left to right even if it is disconnect it from the controller also he has no control over it whatsoever.

the make of the controller is vcl model max0025-00

i'm not sure what make the speed dome is (think it is the same)

is there anyone out there with knowlage of this type of problem or information/ installation manuals on this as i have very little knowlage on speed domes.

is there any courses out there which i could go on to learn how to install/ maintain speed domes?

Thanks Martin.

Trade Member

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice!!

Martin Hanfo

CCTV - Intruder Alarms - Access Control - Security Lighting - Locks

Covering South Wales

07903 967045

even if i disconnect the controller the camera continues to do the same thing, is that normall?

how do i cancell tour?

Trade Member

Martin Hanfo

Covering South Wales

07903 967045

Yep its normal for it to continue, the order is programmed into the dome from the keyboard and needs to be turned off. It depends on the type of controller your using and assuming the data link is still connected it should work.

Only other thing i can think of is to power down the dome and boot it up again although i doubt that will be successfull as the dome should hold its programme.

If all fails contact VCL support desk.

ifs its a vcl dome , take dome out disc link 1 and short out battery for 10secs using side cutters or like, re-fit link 1 and then put dome back in housing.

all tours will now be removed.

but as ian says just go to keyboard and turn off tour.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Thanks guys, will try that next week. :yes:

as regards to training up on speed domes, what would people suggest be the best avenue to go down?

Trade Member

Martin Hanfo

Covering South Wales

07903 967045

Thanks guys, will try that next week. :yes:

as regards to training up on speed domes, what would people suggest be the best avenue to go down?

45892[/snapback]

personally i find that being dropped in the deep end banghead 4 years ago and figuring out myself/ringing colleagues/ringing tec support lines/asking questions on here the best training!! :cry:

however if you contact VCL they do do training courses(or at least they did 3 or so years ago)

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Archived