Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9800

Guest Kes

I need a new Scantronic 9800 keypad. The guy who installed our alarm system is no longer in this line of business but will replace it if i can get one. Does anyone have one or know where i could get one?

Any local installer will be able to get one for you, and service the system (which you should have done annually) whilst fitting the keypad.

46167[/snapback]

Are you sure? I thought the 9800 is obsolite? I managed to get a replacement membrain for mine and they will repair faulty ones but I was told no new ones

Trade Member

You can get keypads but not the original type with the CLEAR button,

dont quote me but I think they are 9827 keypads.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

You can get keypads but not the original type with the CLEAR button,

dont quote me but I think they are 9827 keypads.

46222[/snapback]

all the repacement pads i've seen are the newer type as fitted to the 9800+ with the cross and tick keys on.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Iwas told even the new ones have now been put on stop from cooper / scantronic i spent ages ringing roung to finaly get one. That was about 8/9 weeks ago.

Sine then i have ripped out 9800 3 x systems so i am saving the rkp because i know i will need them.

We have been told that Cooper have stopped manufacturing the 9827 RKP, and the only ones available in the future will be re-conditioned units.  Not sure how true this is, as it makes very little sense to me to re-con keypads!

46235[/snapback]

I have my old 9800 from the house protecting my two sheds* (Yes, I'm the master of OTT!)

Because it was just that, I got a recon 9827 keypad early last year from Scantronic...

... Complete with some random installers details still scribbled on the flap :no:

Stu.

*In my defence they are fully insulated, dehumidifed, and store my hiking kit, so better protected than not.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Iwas told even the new ones have now been put on stop from cooper / scantronic i spent ages ringing roung to finaly get one. That was about 8/9 weeks ago.

Sine then i have ripped out 9800 3 x systems so i am saving the rkp because i know i will need them.

46231[/snapback]

Local suppliers the one that starts with a 'G' never had a problem getting spares, replaced a 9800 keypad two weeks ago with a brand new one, the olny product that is very hard to get spares for is the 9500 but cant still get serviced products for it.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived