Security Installer Community

Telementry

Guest filman

Guest filman

Hi Folks i am after some Advice. I am installing 3 second hand cameras that I managed to pick up. they have dennard pan & tilt units and the cameras are fitted with zoom lenes. the units are wired into photron telementry boxes. From reading some posts on this fourm as I understand it the signal for opearting these functions is sent via the Video cable. My question is can I use any Telementry transmitter or are they specific to each reciver. and do they require programming at all.

Many Thanks

Hi Folks i am after some Advice. I am installing 3 second hand cameras that I managed to pick up. they have dennard pan & tilt units and the cameras are fitted with zoom lenes. the units are wired into photron telementry boxes. From reading some posts on this fourm as I understand it the signal for opearting these functions is sent via the Video cable. My question is can I use any Telementry transmitter or are they specific to each reciver. and do they require programming at all.

Many Thanks

47030[/snapback]

Sounds like you need to use a coaxitron telemetry transmitter that accepts the same protocol as your receivers, It also depends on your controller. But you will most probably need to match the transmitter with the receivers and a controller.

You may find a controller that supports your telemetry receivers without needing a converter.

Maybe worth finding a controller and matching telemetry receivers that support dennard ptz heads and zoom functions.

Archived