Security Installer Community

screen cable

Guest eddiefast

Guest eddiefast

hi forum

i was at a cctv job two weeks ago and the installer of the system used what he called 4 core screened alarm cable to fit the cameras inside a newly fitted out pub. i asked him why and he told me normal coax would look unsitely as it has just been decorated (wich i agree) the picture quality at the end of the job looked fine with no noticeable picture loss (40 meter runs). i have looked in my cpc book and there is loads of types of screened cable if anyone uses this this wire can you please let me know where you get it from. its no good me just guessing

thanks

eddie

:whistle:

I`ve had no problems using Belden, the stuff you use for Galaxies...In fact thats what my home camera`s are wired with.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest eddiefast
I`ve had no problems using Belden, the stuff you use for Galaxies...In fact thats what my home camera`s are wired with.

47856[/snapback]

where do i buy this Belden from :blink:

thanks

eddie

Guest eddiefast

just had a quick look on cpc this belden is very high priced the alarm 4 core screen is very cheep ?????????????????

banghead

is the alarm screened not very good

eddie

yes i know you get what you pay 4

The Belden is a different type of cable, Belden is also a brand and is one of the best makes of cable available. The 4 core screened in CPC will probably be some cheapy stuff with the word 'pro' in the name.

I have found anything over 30m with beldon starts to give problems.

But for short runs you cant beat it as video and power ( 12v) in the same cable

and cheaper and smaller than Shotgun.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest camdec
hi forum

i was at a cctv job two weeks ago and the installer of the system used what he called 4 core screened alarm cable to fit the cameras inside a newly fitted out pub. i asked him why and he told me normal coax would look unsitely as it has just been decorated (wich i agree) the picture quality at the end of the job looked fine with no noticeable picture loss (40 meter runs). i have looked in my cpc book and there is loads of types of screened cable if anyone uses this this wire can you please let me know where you get it from. its no good me just guessing

thanks

eddie

:whistle:

47854[/snapback]

Guest camdec

Eddie

If it is just Screened alarm cable you want then i would suggest going to somewere like Gardiner Security Ltd, Norbain ect. I would say however i don't recommend using screened alarm cable on standard CCTV cameras with out any converters as it is recommended that the cable has a 75 Ohm tolerance

Mark

Archived