Security Installer Community

Great Tool

Guest aechlin

Guest aechlin

Evening all, well, I bought this cable access tool from Screwfix months back when they first had them in. It came in the post, got extreemley excited about it and it was left in the garage for a year or so untill yesterday!!! Im sure you all have these tools, but it is brilliant. There I was re-routing the kitchen RKP cable into a void that contains the waste stack, just made the job so easy.

I have included a picture of it for your visual pleasure :blush:

post-1390-1113240044_thumb.jpg

I've been meaning to get a set of those for ages, I found the mini 12" set the other day for 8 quid and picked some up. I'm glad I did, much better than trying to get a bit of bent ceiling suspension cable to go in a straight enough line.

I might even have to get myself the 1m set now.

Guest aechlin
I got myself a similar tool.

post-2990-1113240860_thumb.jpg

Wouldn't be without it, and it can be used as trunking also ;)

48162[/snapback]

and there was me thinking you were a pro Bri!!!! ;)

The cable quick is £17 for 10 meters, the time it saves pays for itself the first 10 minutes of use.

and there was me thinking you were a pro Bri!!!!  ;)

48164[/snapback]

Depends how much I'm offered :lol:

The cable quick is £17 for 10 meters, the time it saves pays for itself the first 10 minutes of use.

48164[/snapback]

Not a bad price really. I bet it's not as flexible as trunking lid though!

If you don't know......ask.

Not a bad price really. I bet it's not as flexible as trunking lid though!

48165[/snapback]

How much we putting on that then Bri, who are we going to have as adjudicator? :boxing:

Guest aechlin

You can bend a metre length to roughly 100 degrees, its pretty flexible stuff - obviously you know when it doesnt want to go anymore. I seriously recommend, I have a reel of nylon wire, with a brass eyelet, probably wont ever get a look in again now. The cable quick stays rigid, and flexes when you need it to.

Guest aechlin
Well, I've never used it but if it can flex 100 degrees, then it should be good.

I may have to get one now, purely to appear professional you understand.

;)

48175[/snapback]

Well of course Brian, I wouldnt expect anything less :P Purely professional and all.

How much we putting on that then Bri, who are we going to have as adjudicator? :boxing:

48167[/snapback]

lol

I'm pretty sure the rods would snap first. You can bend lid over double and it won't snap.

(Yes, yes, I know you would never need to bend the rods over double, just trying to make the point!)

If you don't know......ask.

Archived