Security Installer Community

intellex problem

Guest firefly

Guest firefly

Hiya guys,

I have just installed a 11 camera system through a intellex unit and am only getting black and white pictures from the system but they should be colour. As i'm not an expert on the intellex can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

Many thanks

I cant say its a problem ive come across but heres some ideas as to what maybe wrong.

You can select the type of camera you want to connect in the camera settings area of the menu. In other words if you connect colour cameras and tell the Intellex they are mono, they will be displayed as mono, could it be that?

Have you connected to the channel inputs and not to the outputs/loop through connections?

Reboot the machine if you have connected the cameras after you have powered up.

Try the American Dynamics website for support info.

First do as Ian says, go through the installation menu and make sure the cameras are set to colour, then reboot.

Where did you get the system,could be that its a NTSC system, or again its PAL/NTSC and set to NTSC.

Let us klnow if you fix it

Guest firefly

Hi guys,

Many thanks for your responses. Problem solved!

I unplugged the cameras while the intellex was on then shut it down and reconnected the cameras and rebooted, hey presto COLOUR.

Thanks again.

Hi guys,

Many thanks for your responses. Problem solved!

I unplugged the cameras while the intellex was on then shut it down and reconnected the cameras and rebooted, hey presto COLOUR.

Thanks again.

52244[/snapback]

If you had just rebooted they would have come up colour as it happens. I have noticed this with different DVR's, both cheap and expensives. I guess its because they do an auto detect on boot up and if you then add inputs after the detect it assumes theyre mono or something like that.

Anyway glad its sorted. ;)

If you had just rebooted they would have come up colour as it happens. I have noticed this with different DVR's, both cheap and expensives. I guess its because they do an auto detect on boot up and if you then add inputs after the detect it assumes theyre mono or something like that.

Anyway glad its sorted. ;)

52281[/snapback]

A lot of DVR auto detect NTSC/PAL on boot up and default to NTSC if no inputs are detected

Guest firefly

Thats what I thought but thats the differance between fantasy and reality.

I rebooted the system 5 or 6 times and they still came up monochrome and there was no way to alter either externally or in the set up.

This is a top of the range model that had been used on another site for a few weeks then removed when the customer went bust so maybe that made some differance as we had no idea what it had been used before.

Even had my tech guy scratching his (big) head.

Archived