Security Installer Community

What would be a good price for this instalation?

Alexg

I'm looking at an installation at my local Town Hall

2x HI resolution (550 TVL) color cameras in good quality conventional heated housings at rear of building.

1x 4 channel DVR (not sure which one! - suggestions?)

1x 14" plastic cased color monitor

I plan to use flexible conduit from the housing to a neat IP65 box on the wall below each camera, cables will run out the back of the box and then in under the floor boards inside the building to the lift control cupboard where the buildings DB boards are. I'll pick power up from here via fused spurs. The coax cables will follow the same path to the lift room then will run outside and over head on cantinary wire which is currently in place but not used, to the Assembly Hall opposite where the DVR and monitor will sit, total coax needed is probably no more than 60 meters.

I'm allowing 2 days, can't imagine it taking longer but it is an old building and I don't want cables visible anywhere.

What would be a reasonable quotation for this and what is a good supplier to use?

I want to come in at a good price as it is for a public building and thus the town council will have to get two quotations and I know if it goes to the other company they have used for other systems in the town it will NOT be a neat job.

I am an Electrician/Network engineer by trade but I used to install CCTV as a full time job for an installation company so I am new at quoting for security work on my own and I

15" colour monitor (higher TVL than cameras) 14" generally would be lower resolution than the camera.

Something like a videoswitch Vi200 for the DVR

Nice housings with cable managed brackets, Hi resolution Day/Night cameras and varifocal lenses.

I'd say around £3700 mark allowing 3 days for install would be reasonable.

Dont quote me though!

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the reply, Not too worried about the TVL of the monitor as the system is more for evidence for the police and would more than likely be viewed at the station rather than on-site.

I was looking at the "Performa" color camereas in planet - 550 lines, 0.3 lux, the 240v model is xxx, are these any good? they certainly look a high spec for the price.

They do sound pretty cheap, as long as you use a decent lens all should be well.

Check out Norbain, they may not be the cheapest but they sell reliable quality equipment generally.

Yes, you will need to open an account with them, With the support they provide it would be worth opening an account if you plan on fitting a few cctv/access systems.

Thanks Rich,

I've had a look or Norbains site but they do not have prices, do I need to request a catalogue for prices?

Thanks.

54580[/snapback]

You'll need to set up an account then you'll receive a catalogue and price list.

You could also try COP they're doing Samsung SND520P's col/mono 0.5 col. 0.01 mono @ F1.4. Only xxx fitted quite a few great results with aspherical lenses.

Why are we discussing trade pricing and suppliers in the public forums?
Good point
I'd say around £3700 mark allowing 3 days for install would be reasonable.

That price was installed and retail, not trade.

If you can edit your post Rik please do, if not a Mod will.

Guest RICHL
Why are we discussing trade pricing and suppliers in the public forums?

54592[/snapback]

Valid point Col.

Archived