Security Installer Community

What would be a good price for this instalation?

Alexg

The samsung day/nights are cheaper at Dynamic, as Rich has mentioned the Videoswitch DVR is good value and i would use the higher res monitor for the sake of a few squid.

Norbain is best but expensive, you get what you pay for as always.

With 7 cameras on a 9 way video switch VI200 unit what hard drive size should I go for? what quality would I get with 7 cameras and what should the record time be set to to get the best possible quality? I was thinking 160gb to start off with.

Thanks.

from 2 to 7 cameras :stab:

I'll answer your question if you answer mine....

Im just about to move into a new house and I want to rewire it, how many sockets do I need for what I want to do?.

Ahh yes I hav'nt told you about the internal cameras they decided they wanted ;) by expierience, what recording times can you get with this DVR with a 160gb drive?

You need 5 sockets in each room, OK?

Ahh yes I hav'nt told you about the internal cameras they decided they wanted ;) by expierience, what recording times can you get with this DVR with a 160gb drive?

You need 5 sockets in each room, OK?

54770[/snapback]

Depends on how many channels of the dvrmux you record and what resolution and /or FPS

from 2 to 7 cameras  :stab:

I'll answer your question if you answer mine....

Im just about to move into a new house and I want to rewire it, how many sockets do I need for what I want to do?.

54766[/snapback]

:roflmao:

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Right the factors to consider are

If you are using video motion detection for each camera then you need to evaluate the amount of movement that camera will detect per day.

Depending on the equipment, you can vary the recorded image quality depending on factors like time of day, alarm triggers etc.

The vi200 is only global 25 FPS, but with the other technology incorporated into it, It can make very good use of those fps, It really depends on your customers requirements.

You should do an operational requirement for each camera on the system, and work out what percentage each camera is likely to take up of recording on a general day.

Get yourself familiar with the equipment specifications using data sheets on the manufacturers websites, they should be freely accessible.

I cant say what's best for you because I have no idea of your application, but you will find some people only require 7 days recording rather than the traditional 31 days, and DVR's like the vi200 are set up to record 31 days from initial power up.

I probably would be looking more towards a 350gb Hard drive though.

Go for the biggest hard drive as you can is my advice, the Videoswitch unit calculates for you. You tell it you want 31 days, it adjusts the fps to suit.

Go to the Videoswitch web site they got all the info you need.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived