Security Installer Community

unusual client request!

Guest canadiak24

Guest canadiak24

Hello folks, got a strange request the other month and again a couple of weeks ago...one of the customers were requesting a delay-timed panic button and the other requesting a voice command confirmation unit....

the delay timed panic buttons are units that the householder activates when someone knocks at the door - they then have around ten seconds to identify the caller and press the unit to deactivate...if however they don't press the unit again, it sends a panic signal to the panel as normal! Does anyone know anything more about these and if so, where to get them from??

Now to the other point, the voice command confirmation units - i have no idea whether they actually make these anymore, i saw one about seven years ago in a property, when the alarm was disarmed, a voice unit announced 'system deactivated' or something to that effect!!! That was the pnly time I saw one of these, yet a customer asked me about them the other week - does anyone know anything about them and if they still make them or something similiar?

cheers for any help you can offer

Hello folks, got a strange request the other month and again a couple of weeks ago...one of the customers were requesting a delay-timed panic button and the other requesting a voice command confirmation unit....

the delay timed panic buttons are units that the householder activates when someone knocks at the door - they then have around ten seconds to identify the caller and press the unit to deactivate...if however they don't press the unit again, it sends a panic signal to the panel as normal! Does anyone know anything more about these and if so, where to get them from??

Now to the other point, the voice command confirmation units - i have no idea whether they actually make these anymore, i saw one about seven years ago in a property, when the alarm was disarmed, a voice unit announced 'system deactivated' or something to that effect!!! That was the pnly time I saw one of these, yet a customer asked me about them the other week - does anyone know anything about them and if they still make them or something similiar?

55035[/snapback]

Fitted voltage operated PA with delay years ago and never again just like a detector when the voltage is removed they trip. The voice alarm i think you are on about i think is made by Visonic but as we dont use radio i dont need to know anything else about these.

Jef

Customers!

55035[/snapback]

Have a look at Hoyles.com. They have the time delay panic device. Never used it, just know they do it. Don't know about the other.

THis is the link:

http://www.hoyles.com/rediguard.htm

Hope that helps

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Guest canadiak24
We used to fit a unit made by CQR - http://www.cqr.co.uk/pares.asp (I think this is it but it doesn't mention that its timed)

I think that the Visonics SP2 that Jeff mentioned is still available, both from Gardiners

55048[/snapback]

Thanks for the advice mate!

Guest canadiak24
Have a look at Hoyles.com. They have the time delay panic device. Never used it, just know they do it. Don't know about the other.

THis is the link:

http://www.hoyles.com/rediguard.htm

Hope that helps

55047[/snapback]

Yep, that's the one! Just what the customer was looking for...until she finds out the price maybe!!!

Guest canadiak24
Fitted voltage operated PA with delay years ago and never again just like a detector when the voltage is removed they trip. The voice alarm i think you are on about i think is made by Visonic but as we dont use radio i dont need to know anything else about these.

Jef

55038[/snapback]

Ooo. Ahh! Could be a bugger with them tripping! Hmm...Thanx for the input though

Time delayed PA devices are soon to be banned by ACPO for systems with police response.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest canadiak24
Time delayed PA devices are soon to be banned by ACPO for systems with police response.

55100[/snapback]

Ooo.... thats news to me!!! thanks for the info

55100[/snapback]

Where did you here that? Never fitted one to a monitored alarm but also never seen a reg that says I can't

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Archived