Security Installer Community

Armed lamps/led's

Guest canadiak24

Guest canadiak24

Hello all! does anyone know of a supplier who sells 'armed lamps/LED's'? I can't seem to track anyone down to supply with one and just wondered if anyone had a suggestion?

Have you thought about making your own, could be done fairly cheaply and source the materials from Maplins or the like?? - yet still look spot on.

Guest canadiak24

Its a good point, why don't i make it myself?! I'm too lazy for starters! I don't usually get asked for such items it's been one of those weeks for unusual requests from custoners!

I know there are "detector activated" led plates for fire alarm systems, but there arnt so many LED plates specificly for intruder.

The ones I have seen have been tailor made for a specific purpose Im affraid :(

tell the client that it does not meet the requirment of a british standard and to keep their daft ideas to their selfs(nicely) :thumbsup:

Guest canadiak24
:yes: well that saves me a job then! i don't know why they can't just remember when the friggin thing is armed and when it isn't...she'll find out when she steps into her lounge at 5am and a full alarm occurs that pretty much would tell her whether the system is armed or not!!

tell the client that it does not meet the requirment of a british standard and to keep their daft ideas to their selfs(nicely)  :thumbsup:

55509[/snapback]

That was my first thought, although I suppose it would comply depending where you put it.

Have a look at access control equipment, there's usually a few different types of plates with LED's in. Personally, I'd make one with a blank plate, a hole, an LED and a holder.

tell the client that it does not meet the requirment of a british standard and to keep their daft ideas to their selfs(nicely)  :thumbsup:

55509[/snapback]

You are allowed to indicate that the system is unset, so the led is on when unset and off when set.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

As i recall you can indicate both, its just a matter of where you see the indication and clearly you should'nt be be able to tell from outside the premises.

You could use a fire alarm indicator that you would use when a detector is fitted in a void.

As i recall you can indicate both, its just a matter of where you see the indication and clearly you should'nt be be able to tell from outside the premises.

55515[/snapback]

That's what I thought. By the sounds of it the client in question wants indication internally for when it's set at night so an indicator on the landing\stairs would comply in this situation.

Of course, I could have assumed the application incorrectly for this instance. ;)

Archived