Security Installer Community

Armed lamps/led's

Guest canadiak24

What about an Aritech AI673? It's got two LEDs and a buzzer in it that you connect to an output on your alarm. It's usually used for indication of entry/exit timing in noisy environments, but I bet it could be easilly adapted to suit what you want if you don't want to make up your own box. I don't know much about regulations etc, but I can't see it being much of a problem if it was in a discrete location.

Edit: This thingy

04_1_b.JPG

Trade Member

Guest canadiak24
That's what I thought. By the sounds of it the client in question wants indication internally for when it's set at night so an indicator on the landing\stairs would comply in this situation.

Of course, I could have assumed the application incorrectly for this instance. ;)

55518[/snapback]

You assumed correct! From what i can gather, it is simply for night time situation

Guest canadiak24
What about an Aritech AI673? It's got two LEDs and a buzzer in it that you connect to an output on your alarm. It's usually used for indication of entry/exit timing in noisy environments, but I bet it could be easilly adapted to suit what you want if you don't want to make up your own box. I don't know much about regulations etc, but I can't see it being much of a problem if it was in a discrete location.

55520[/snapback]

Yeah funny u mention that, i happen to have seen one of those some weeks ago n thought about adapting it for the above scenario! Maybe just have the lights flashing minus the buzzer unless the client wants to hear a buzzer going all night!

Or a PIR in the hall set to entry start when the system is night set? - but all other zones except landing on instant?

The above sounder only has one input so buzzer go's when led flash i had to cut the buzzer off the pcb for it to do what i wanted. I had it set up to show if a group was set on a large warehouse as one side is not used for weeks on end and the security gaurd left the group unset and it was 3 weeks untill some- one noticed.

Anyway why not drill a 5mm hole in the rkp and fit a led with a 1k resistor and wire it to the set output of the panel or if its a cheap panel wire it to set latch this will work a treet i have done this loads of times.

Guest canadiak24
The above sounder only has one input so buzzer go's when led flash i had to cut the buzzer off the pcb for it to do what i wanted. I had it set up to show if a group was set on a large warehouse as one side is not used for weeks on end and the security gaurd left the group unset and it was 3 weeks untill some- one noticed.

Anyway why not drill a 5mm hole in the rkp and fit a led with a 1k resistor and wire it to the set output of the panel or if its a cheap panel wire it to set latch this will work a treet i have done this loads of times.

55541[/snapback]

Good thinking the panel has prog outputs on it so i guess i'll use that idea considering the aritech thingy wotsit will need to be modded via the pcb...hmmm

thanx to all for ur suggestions

Archived