Security Installer Community

Chucking in the towel

After a year or so of looking for a job in alarms, I've decided to call it a day. I'm getting tired of people promising me things and then never getting back to me and it's not doing my confidence any good. Although I suppose that's the way it is, I can't look forever. I just thought I'd take this opportunity to thank you all for your advice over the last year or two. This is a great place for information, with some proper characters to boot.

Thanks again,

Scott

PS: Whistle, if you still need a lift in the summer, just get in touch with me :)

Trade Member

Carry on looking for work whilst doing your existing stuff though mate ;)

Also stay on the site and keep an active member too :)

Dont give up - the right opertunity will arise, Im afraid you do need patience though - maybe someone on here whilst reading this will have a suggestion for you buddy :):)

Sorry to hear that mate, I cant believe no one is willing to give you a try

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest Peter James

I did say move South, Alarm companys this way are always on the lookout for keen chaps.

Pete

(Ive employed two people from this Forum)

Hey mate dont give up the industry is crying out for good lads.

You need to get a foot on the ladder swallow you pride and start a a small local 1 one man company work hard learn lots and i would be amazed if in 5 years your not with a good company doing realy well.

Ok at 1st the money is **** but as you move on to bigger and better things it gets better and better, trust me.

Thats just what i did.

I will be intouch as i have lots of good big jobs coming up and i will need a lift.

Ps : pm your phone number to me so i can phone you as and when i need a extra pair of hands.

Like Pete says move south, 6 years ago I was a mechanic earning £14k,

a local comapny took me on as an apprentice at £9k, now Im one of the top earners with a basic of £28k.

Ring round all your small local companies, tell them theyve got nothing to lose etc, 3 month trial, offer to work for nearly nothing for a month.

Dont give up

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

17 years ago i worked on a YTS at pier alarms house bashing getting

getting £28.50 a week ( NOT GOOD )

now getting £35k+ and a free car

Your right. I don't think I'll give up. I was in a really //.B.W.F.// mood earlier though, but I'm feeling alright now...

I'm not too arsed about money at the moment. I've never been a big spender or anything, and alot of my money does'nt get touched (not that I have alot of money anyway...) so that's not really a problem.

I've rang about a couple more jobs in the paper a few hours ago, and I'll get the yellow pages out again on Monday. The thing thats worrying me is i'm running out of things and places to try. I've even spent money on an ad in the local paper this week, with no interest as of yet. One things for sure they don't teach you all this in school.

Trade Member

Archived